Bobbit worm? OMG JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I got lucky and found what’s been killing snails in my coral quarantine tank. Can anyone confirm?

Hooray for quarantine!!!!

IMG_8623.png

IMG_8619.jpeg

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not likely a bobbit worm, but yes, a Eunice worm, for sure. There are many many species of them, including the bobbit, and they seem a mix of detritivores and opportunistic predators. Could be what's killing off your snails! I've watched mine stalk snails before.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not likely a bobbit worm, but yes, a Eunice worm, for sure. There are many many species of them, including the bobbit, and they seem a mix of detritivores and opportunistic predators. Could be what's killing off your snails! I've watched mine stalk snails before.
This...!

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, I think this guy is not going back in the tank either way. I’m bristle worm defender but I have a feeling he is no good. He owes me like $50 of snails over the past year.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I think this guy is not going back in the tank either way. I’m bristle worm defender but I have a feeling he is no good. He owes me like $50 of snails over the past year.
Yes, definitely don't put it back in.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are generally undesirables. They can get quite large, which comes with additional risks. On top of that, if you break their head off, they grow a new head and can even recover their other piece, so.. yeah, take care of you've got 2 giant sand worms to haunt your dreams.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back