• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

BRS, ya'll might need some packing training... lol

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply

I waited for your 25% sale to load up on a bunch of stuff I needed. However, man what a mess. That Calcium Chloride in the picture, I found in my driveway, along with a 1/2 inch bulkhead. Now, I know the fact that someone using my overweight box as a football isn't your fault. However, what a mess. Can you not tape the entire box shut? I mean, I ordered a total of 71 items and everything was just dumped in the box. So a 1/2 fitting is tossed in this box, loose. You don't tape the entire box shut. Do you really think that UPS/USPS/Fedex is going to treat this like a cheesecake? (Yes, I am hungry...). I am also guessing you ran out of room as you only put half the mixing jugs I ordered in this box and there was clearly almost no room left (well, maybe a bit where it was crushed...) Even Amazon is better than this. Well, you may not have packing skills, at least you have the ability to crush items well :) Off to go inventory this mess now.

IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes. My orders from BRS have been fairly well packaged, I guess they were in a rush this time. I hope nothing important was damaged.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply

I waited for your 25% sale to load up on a bunch of stuff I needed. However, man what a mess. That Calcium Chloride in the picture, I found in my driveway, along with a 1/2 inch bulkhead. Now, I know the fact that someone using my overweight box as a football isn't your fault. However, what a mess. Can you not tape the entire box shut? I mean, I ordered a total of 71 items and everything was just dumped in the box. So a 1/2 fitting is tossed in this box, loose. You don't tape the entire box shut. Do you really think that UPS/USPS/Fedex is going to treat this like a cheesecake? (Yes, I am hungry...). I am also guessing you ran out of room as you only put half the mixing jugs I ordered in this box and there was clearly almost no room left (well, maybe a bit where it was crushed...) Even Amazon is better than this. Well, you may not have packing skills, at least you have the ability to crush items well :) Off to go inventory this mess now.

IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg
I've noticed last year when I ordered a liquid... the bottle came inside a plastic bag (assuming in case of a spill in shipping.)

This year all bottles of additive etc I've ordered were just thrown in the box. Been lucky I'd say but did notice that difference.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
100s of orders from BRS over the years and never had a box come in like that.

Every company these days has a bad package here or there. The shipping companies make the problem exponentially worse

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same story here, even same or simitar items, like damaged Tropic Marin Balling salts or broken Biomedia bricks.
I was fooled once.....

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm terribly sorry to hear that this order was packed and arrived in this condition. I can understand how frustrating this can be seeing the box like this and items damaged even before opening the box. We dropped the ball on this order for you, and should be better overall.

So that we can get any damaged or missing items taken care of for you, please contact our support team at your earliest convenience so that they can get those items reshipped to you right away. So that we can ensure this packaging issue is fixed, I'm sharing this with the leaders in shipping so that they can find ways to better package these items consistently going forward. We do appreciate you taking the time to share the frustration with us so that we can be better in the future.

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm terribly sorry to hear that this order was packed and arrived in this condition. I can understand how frustrating this can be seeing the box like this and items damaged even before opening the box. We dropped the ball on this order for you, and should be better overall.

So that we can get any damaged or missing items taken care of for you, please contact our support team at your earliest convenience so that they can get those items reshipped to you right away. So that we can ensure this packaging issue is fixed, I'm sharing this with the leaders in shipping so that they can find ways to better package these items consistently going forward. We do appreciate you taking the time to share the frustration with us so that we can be better in the future.
@Bulk Reef Supply Thank you for your quick and prompt response. I'll respond to your PM. Again, thank you for the credit communication.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing this I'm amazed my ozone system arrived in one piece (Poseidon did a bang-up job of pre-packaging everything, so maybe that was my saving grace)...

Similar - Poseidon package was top notch.

With regards to the OP that is impressive it even made it. I do not order a lot through BRS - or on the scale you show here - but I've not experienced this before. Everything has arrived pretty well boxed up.

Edit: sorry, I apologize. I did received a Tropic Marin glass hydrometer that was busted. It was boxed up pretty good but that piece of equipment is tough. I had a similar experience with another vendor through online purchase. It took me three attempts to get one but fianally one made it. And it was wrapped up in so much bubble wrap I could have used it for a costume...

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mother in law sent us a chandelier with glass globes in a box with out any dunnage, bubble wrap or care. I think she thought that the usps would carry it over by hand?

BRS has responded nicely so hopefully this will not happen again? They have always done a great job of packing up my stuff in the past so I was surprised to be reminded of my mother in law by this thread. Made God have mercy on her and BRS.
Drunk Fried Chicken GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back