Brute can leaching?

jmags080307

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought 2 30 gallon brute cans about 5 months ago to hold water. I have my RODI going direct into one and when I take water from the brute can it's reading 4 PPM. i ran the line into another container (clear 5 gallon jug) i have and it's reading 0 PPM. i do let my RODI water sit in there with no movement but i heard that was fine. Does anyone know if these leach???

thanks!

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard people say they do but no scientific evidence. I attribute the tds to airborne contamination.

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know the same thing happened to me. My Rodi had 0 tds going in but after a week it was 4. Hope the geniuses chime in

OP
OP
jmags080307

jmags080307

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have heard people say they do but no scientific evidence. I attribute the tds to airborne contamination.
I keep a lid on mine and it's a tight seal. I cleaned it out just in case it got contaminated and will refill it with a couple gallons and see what it measures at.

Run4Fun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does the same thing. I attribute it to needing a good cleaning....especially since I mix the salt water in it and I don't exactly rinse thoroughly before refilling with fresh RODI

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tight seal is not the same as air tight, however. I just use the original lids and I have to use my water quick because they're near my workshop where I cut wood and acrylic. if I had an air tight container I might not have to worry about it. so it does make a difference where you store your water.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back