BTA losing his bubbles

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my bta found the wavemaker like 4 weeks ago. I removed the wavemaker. Also I upgraded my tank on that time. He’s been hiding mostly during the time the lights are on. But today looks like he lost most of the bubbles. He’s still moving around some. Is there a chance he will make it?

IMG_1639.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a bleached anemone. What are the nitrate and phosphate values? Did you drastically increase the lighting recently? I'd recommend dosing something like vitachem marine or an amino acid mix if it can't grab onto food you feed it.

OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a bleached anemone. What are the nitrate and phosphate values. I'd recommend dosing something like vitachem marine or an amino acid mix if it can't grab onto food you feed it.
He’s been inside the rock like squished. But I added some reef foods last night. No pump or skimmer on for 15 mins. I try and feed coral every couple days.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s been inside the rock like squished. But I added some reef foods last night. No pump or skimmer on for 15 mins. I try and feed coral every couple days.

But do you know the nitrate and phosphate values? Does it eat when you feed it?

OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I’ll have to check nitrates and phosphates. They have been low so I have been feeding a bit heavy. Last I checked was 0 nitrate, .2 phosphate. That is with api so not the most accurate. This was last week.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I’ll have to check nitrates and phosphates. They have been low so I have been feeding a bit heavy. Last I checked was 0 nitrate, .2 phosphate. That is with api so not the most accurate. This was last week.

You definitely need a new phosphate test kit that is more precise and can read lower.

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get nitrate, alkalinity, phosphate, magnesium, and calcium hanna checkers. trust. api just isn’t gonna cut it in the long run

OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got cal, alk, and mag through salifert. I’ll see what I can get for used Hanna, I’m not made of money for new Hanna’s lol. Got a big family to support.
get nitrate, alkalinity, phosphate, magnesium, and calcium hanna checkers. trust. api just isn’t gonna cut it in the long run

ReeferFive-0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got cal, alk, and mag through salifert. I’ll see what I can get for used Hanna, I’m not made of money for new Hanna’s lol. Got a big family to support.
Salifert is fine for alk, cal, and mag. I would definitely get Hanna checkers for nitrate and phosphate though. That's what I do and it's helping me keep my parameters stable.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You don't need a hanna for phosphate if you can read the cards from nyos or salifert. The problem is that, as I just mentioned, the phosphate tests are really difficult to read. For nitrate, the nyos test kit is cheap and good.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back