Bubble Coral With air bubbles trapped in polip! Help!!!

Karlos Joya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI everyone, hoping that someone has experience with this and can help me correct what appears to be a few air bubbles trapped insie my bubble coral's polyps! I just received this piece today and it was exposed to air for literally 3 - 4 seconds as any other coral before placing into the tank..a few minutes later I noticed some of the polyps lifted up from what appears to be air bubbles inside the corals polys / flesh? Any reccomendation? Do corals are capable of push out the air trapped inside on their own? I have attached a picture of the coral so you can see clearly what I'm talking about. Any ideas, help and input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

Karlos

Screenshot_20240315_194028_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20240315_194043_WhatsApp.jpg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it time. It will sort itself out as long as your parameters are OK. I’m not crazy about the droopy bubbles and gaping mouth but let’s see if it just needs time to acclimate.

OP
OP
K

Karlos Joya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it time. It will sort itself out as long as your parameters are OK. I’m not crazy about the droopy bubbles and gaping mouth but let’s see if it just needs time to acclimate.
Thank you! Have you experienced this before?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back