Bubble Magnus doser questions.....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Lighting, Hardware, Aquarium Filtration' started by Troylee, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Troylee

Troylee all about the diy!!!!! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

I guess since my warranty expired already and I haven't even opend up the box it's time to set them up... Ahahahaha. The directions don't say much so maybe someone has some advice here... About how long do you think I can have the tubes that draw liquid into the pump be??? I wanted to mount these in a cabinet next to my tank with the resiviour under the tank so the incoming lines would be like 10ft is that okay or do they need to short as possible???? It also says to not place them in moist or humid environment does anyone have them inside there stand with the sump??? Just asking in case I go that route... Tia

2. john90009

john90009 Well-Known Member

mines in my sump- and the way they work is with 3 rollers that trap water in between 2 plastic pieces and it moves it so i dont think distance playes a role in this.

3. CONSTANTNE

CONSTANTNE Well-Known Member

I have mine mounted inside my stand where my sump is. I really cant give you an advice on the 10ft length as mine are only a foot or two long in length. I would think that once the tube is filled with liquid it should work the same not matter the length of tubing but im not positive.

4. Neon Reef

Neon Reef unregistered

mine isnt in my sump because it would get wet...lol..but its in the stand right next to my sump..working flawlessly and as for the tube length. mine has about 1 foot tubes so don't know too well if it would work with longer tubes, sorry.

5. wakeboardgeek

wakeboardgeek Well-Known Member

Mines inside my stand with my sump. Haven't had any problems with it yet.

6. Troylee

Troylee all about the diy!!!!! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

sounds good maybe i will put a shelf in the stand above the sump where it's gonna draw from...;)

7. swannyson7

swannyson7 Moderator/Acro Aficianado Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award CTARS Member

AS long as the santoprene tubing is new, it should create a good enough seal that you have no siphon and it won't really matter how long the supply lines are. It's going to take a while to fill the tubes up to get it ready for dosing though. The tubes should be replaced as soon as you start getting a back siphon (the ones on my BRS dosing pumps last about a year, supposedly)