Bubble tip anemones help

aqua-alien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there so I got a new tank and I got it from a guy who was moving and could not take it with him, inside was a pretty decent sized Nem looked great for the first month, weekly water changes etc a clown even started hosting it, but then it went on a walk, as I had bad experience before I left it and let it do its thing it found some odd places to sit and then jumped slap bang center of the tank and it was fine, four hours later it looks like a deflated skin donut what on earth is going on even his little clown looks confused

Attachments

• IMG_4322.jpeg
    IMG_4322.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 39

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using RODI? Can you list your parameters and lighting?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi there so I got a new tank and I got it from a guy who was moving and could not take it with him, inside was a pretty decent sized Nem looked great for the first month, weekly water changes etc a clown even started hosting it, but then it went on a walk, as I had bad experience before I left it and let it do its thing it found some odd places to sit and then jumped slap bang center of the tank and it was fine, four hours later it looks like a deflated skin donut what on earth is going on even his little clown looks confused
Often this happens when too little light or flow , high nitrate and phosphate and tank less than 5 months

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So just to make sure it went from normal to that picture in a matter of hours. IME anemones moving can mean something is wrong. I would carefully check your parameters. Unclear how if could have been injured. Were the clowns bugging it?

OP
OP
aqua-alien

aqua-alien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to make sure it went from normal to that picture in a matter of hours. IME anemones moving can mean something is wrong. I would carefully check your parameters. Unclear how if could have been injured. Were the clowns bugging it?
I feel that her original placement was wrong and she moved from where I put her, after she had moved she was fine and then she did this, my LFS near me said she was possibly purging/ defecating. It is rather hard to always believe them as I am English and I live here in Beijing so I always check here. She is fine now and back to an amazing size

OP
OP
aqua-alien

aqua-alien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She has returned back to her size and looks healthy again but all might change as I actually will be upgrading tanks today as I feel that the nano I was given is just not suitable for the size of some of the corals

Attachments

• 720895d8afd45de54980834d03ae03d1.jpeg
    720895d8afd45de54980834d03ae03d1.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 12

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
She has returned back to her size and looks healthy again but all might change as I actually will be upgrading tanks today as I feel that the nano I was given is just not suitable for the size of some of the corals
It is normal for corals etc to 'pull back' once moved - when you do it. I would be as careful as you can to match the water parameters. I would consider mixing enough salt water for the new tank - using some of that to do a water change for the old tank - and watch how the anemone and coral do - if after a day - they look healthy. go ahead and make the transfer - using the new mixed water, and all of the water (not the sand) thats with the coral/anemone. You can also save the water you take out of the smaller tank to add to the larger tank.

Back