Budget ATO recommendations

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at getting an ATO and found this. The reviews aren't bad. Does anyone have any recommendations for a budget ATO?

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at getting an ATO and found this. The reviews aren't bad. Does anyone have any recommendations for a budget ATO?

Put some water in a water bottle flip it upside down and clip it to the rim of your sump. It works well and it’s as budget as it gets

OP
OP
aws2266

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, I'd be filling that up as much as much as I top off my sump. I guess I could have mentioned it's for a 120g.

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the budget? Under $150, $100?
The Reefbreeders Prism is about $80 as is the Coralvue Hydros ATO

I have been using a XP Aqua Duetto2 for a few years now. It's about $140. You can find similar ones on Amazon, can't say how the quality is on those, but they would be the cheapest. I would not cheap out on a knock off for something that could potentially ruin the tank.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Kamoer ATOs and haven’t had a problem with either of them.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, I'd be filling that up as much as much as I top off my sump. I guess I could have mentioned it's for a 120g.
Some sort of gravity fed ATO would be the cheapest by far...

reef.science

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of whatever is the best bang for buck on offerup. My entire system is offerup second hand. Literally, i just go on offerup and type in ATO, then look for the most expensive one that someone is selling for like half price. I don't even really look at the brand.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the fzone and it is fantastic. Pump is great and its reliable. I use a high float switch with an outlet that the fzone is plugged into just for backup in case it gets stuck on but has never happened.

dank.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I am currently running 2 autoaqua smart ato's like the 1 you show. Both have been functioning perfectly 1 for a year and the other for 6 months. You can use whatever storage vessil you want for the reservoir so you can decide what works for you. I use a 3g reservoir on my 60g system and a 2g reservoir on my 20g. Both tanks go about a week or so inbetween top up depending on relative humidity/temps. Hope this helps.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Used Tunze or set up a gravity fed system if space allows? You don't have to drill the sump to use a gravity fed ATO, just pick up the eshopps float valve.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back