Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not the length that is a problem it is the thickness of the guards. They only give you two thin ones when I need four to make it fit. @Orphek
Ya so when i split yhem and stack them it doubled their thickness

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Orphek Hybrid OR3 and Atlantik Reef Aquarium LED 3D Video​

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last version of these you guys said in about a month or so they would be controllable. That was a year or so ago. Great lights! did you guys just scrap the whole controllable option completely?

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last version of these you guys said in about a month or so they would be controllable. That was a year or so ago. Great lights! did you guys just scrap the whole controllable option completely?
@Orphek I was curious about this as well I know that the pandemic has put a lot of plans on hold. Just wondering if there is a shifted timeline ya’ll are looking at. I love my lights! Thinking about adding another! A controller would seal that deal.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek I was curious about this as well I know that the pandemic has put a lot of plans on hold. Just wondering if there is a shifted timeline ya’ll are looking at. I love my lights! Thinking about adding another! A controller would seal that deal.
When come to development thing change . And now the app at testing stage . :) . We are do the best só it will come out as soon as possible.

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they had a dimmer my whole tank would be OR3 but since they don't I am only using part OR3. They told me soon a few weeks ago, since they said that 1 years ago also, I assume it will be a while and did a mixed light setup with some OR3 UVs for supplements. Not being able to dim your main light is a big deal.

Last edited:

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish they were more responsive here... You ask a question - they give vague answers or none at all. Then go quiet for months before another vague comment.

great product guys - but you need to up your customer relationship game - BIG TIME!

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish they were more responsive here... You ask a question - they give vague answers or none at all. Then go quiet for months before another vague comment.

great product guys - but you need to up your customer relationship game - BIG TIME!
Dude it's in development. IMO don't put it into your build plans. Just expect it to never come and if it does arrive then change your plans if possible. It's not something to lose sleep over.

BillyW

FOWLR while out on the island of Oahu!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just so I’m not messed up
83313A7C-BA99-4145-978E-DF342E87296B.jpeg
this is my current setup. In order to add another OR3 I would have to buy the fixing bracket kit and cut it down so 6 inches didn’t stick out?
I feel like I need to add another Reef Day because of the 1 Orange bulb on only the one side.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just so I’m not messed up
83313A7C-BA99-4145-978E-DF342E87296B.jpeg
this is my current setup. In order to add another OR3 I would have to buy the fixing bracket kit and cut it down so 6 inches didn’t stick out?
I feel like I need to add another Reef Day because of the 1 Orange bulb on only the one side.
honestly Im considering getting a custom layout for my next or3 because of that, something that distributes the orange/red more evenly

BillyW

FOWLR while out on the island of Oahu!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly Im considering getting a custom layout for my next or3 because of that, something that distributes the orange/red more evenly
I love the reef day, but on a 36” tank the one side is white and the other blue, with the UV and blue plus doesn’t look bad, just want to get another so it’s even

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The single orange led really annoys me but I think I’ll live.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude it's in development. IMO don't put it into your build plans. Just expect it to never come and if it does arrive then change your plans if possible. It's not something to lose sleep over.

Not at all. I have bought the lights I wanted.
But that’s not what I meant. Being responsive to potential customers only helps. But then again - that’s a rare trait in any company these days in the hobby.

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.. I'm thinking about getting OR3. Just not sure which ones.. my current setup is 48" ATI Hybrid- 2 Blue+ and 2 Actinic, 3 Hydra 26HD. 120gal 4x2x2. Mostly LPS. Wanted to know if adding OR3 blue + or OR3 UV which would make the color pop and increase growth? Or stick to my current setup?? Thanks

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.. I'm thinking about getting OR3. Just not sure which ones.. my current setup is 48" ATI Hybrid- 2 Blue+ and 2 Actinic, 3 Hydra 26HD. 120gal 4x2x2. Mostly LPS. Wanted to know if adding OR3 blue + or OR3 UV which would make the color pop and increase growth? Or stick to my current setup?? Thanks
I have both the blue+ and the UV. I would say that the blue+ gives you more pop by accentuating the florescence in corals. However, I personally like the UV because it brings out colors that you didnt know were there. As far as growth is concerned I think that the blue is probably more effective so ideally both, but if you have to pick one I would go with the blue+.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they had a dimmer my whole tank would be OR3 but since they don't I am only using part OR3. They told me soon a few weeks ago, since they said that 1 years ago also, I assume it will be a while and did a mixed light setup with some OR3 UVs for supplements. Not being able to dim your main light is a big deal.
That was a complete game changer for me. I waited, the dimmer never came out so I with with Radions and Kessil

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back