Camera for monitoring reef aquarium. Are 4K cameras worth it?

RossRusev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning all, whats the best quality indoor camera for monitoring when away? Most threads i found are old and wanted to get some up to date opinions :) Are 4K cameras worth it? Please post some videos

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning all, whats the best quality indoor camera for monitoring when away? Most threads i found are old and wanted to get some up to date opinions :) Are 4K cameras worth it? Please post some videos
I just use a cheap TP-Link HD camera.

Typically when you're away algae will take hold and cloud the glass after a week or so and any benefit of even an HD camera is gone.

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was about to start thread and was hoping to get some better answers from search function about this topic.
I am considering a dedicated camera ..
Any feedback appreciated currently have ring setup (outdoor only) and some Wyze inside (that I dont use often) wondering if there are better options or just use one of these ??

glover69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i use ARLO wireless cameras dedicated to the tank and around the house. very user friendly app to use. i have it pointed against the glass along with the Flipper orange lens to filter out the blues so i can see the tank clearly using my phone from anywhere.

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Wyze on my tanks...mainly because I use them in other areas and usually have a spare.
Sounds like like it would be easier to just to add another wyze. Any better tricks to setup as like a like camera feed w/ good image/video quality.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like like it would be easier to just to add another wyze. Any better tricks to setup as like a like camera feed w/ good image/video quality.

I haven't done anything special, particularly regarding a feed. Just using the Wyze app to check on things mainly. I'm not really a fan of mounting the camera to the side of the tank with the sticky mounts; the aesthetics bother me. Reviews for the suction cup mounts haven't been that great from what I have seen. So, I'm still tinkering with the mounting aspect. However, they work great to monitor the sump!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my dogs pet treat dispenser haha! It’s a woopet that gives dogs treats and I can watch them or the tank.. can’t see much till the sun glare goes away after noon thou.
IMG_2723.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back