Cant identify what’s wrong with clownfish

gfrowen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed in other threads I just can’t find anything to suggest what’s wrong with my clownfish.

All tank parameters are fine and tank has been running for over a year with a few corals and inverts in.

I added a new pair of clowns to the tank, one larger than the other and they get along fine.

The female was looking really healthy and eating loads, but only misys and marine mix, could t get her to eat pellets.

Last week she just stopped eating and became lethargic. She has stringy white poo that hangs out of her and a few bits of what appear to be flaking skin. Isn’t breathing heavy or scratching.

Could this be brook? She’s been like this for over a week so thought if it was brook it would have killed her by now??

I’m in the UK so most brook treatments are unavailable. But I mainly want to make sure it is that before treating with whatever would be more suitable.

Struggling with photos. The one under white light shows a fleck of what I’m assuming is scales/skin or mucus on coming off the top of the head.

Many thanks

IMG_0457.jpeg
IMG_0488.jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd suggest reading through the quote below and listing any other info it suggests while we wait for a diagnosis from the #fishmedic here:
I'd suggest reading through the link below (particularly the "Aquarium Parameters," "Water quality," and "In-depth Information" sections) to figure out what info you can share here with the #fishmedic to get the best diagnosis and treatment advice possible:
Also, for future reference with these sorts of issues, posting in the forum linked below can get you help faster:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal

While I'm no good at identifying these, I do think that this is going to need a hospital tank. Best to start getting it setup now.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It does look similar to brooklynella when did you get the fish?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS - just in case, do you have access to ruby rally pro - or formaldehyde?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are also internal issues that clownfish are really prone to - internal gut protozoans and cocidea. No treatment for the latter, but the gut protozoans can sometimes be treated with metronidazole, but in the UK, I don't think you can get that. Can you get Hexamor from Aquarium Munster?

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back