Care for an Indian oriental sweetlip (Plectorhinchus vittatus)

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I saw him (really beautiful) did a 5 minute research online (said that it was hard to feed) didn't think much of it since I had some hard to feed fish before and they all ate well so I got him, and i did see him eat an algae pellet which was on the bottom but just spat it out, i mostly see him only going around picking on the sand and gulping sand in and spitting it out like a sand sifting goby and i did more research and it was said that they are one of the fish which is just not possible to keep in captivity like the moorish idol or just really hard and I just wanna ask if theres any hope or if it is possible before I make it my whole mission to go in the pet store/market and get 10 types of food and/or make a diy separate water system to make a calm environment for him to feed in like the hang on the back box

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? Mature oriental sweetlips grow to well over 2 feet in length. Most public aquariums are even too small/poorly equipped to care for them and get them eating.
About 40 gallons I would say over stocked with a 6 inch blue line grouper and a 18 inch eel Lol and oh yeah that one sneaky cleaner wrasse

Though I am in a process of making another 50 gallon so I might dump him in there? He's around 4 inch also my eel and grouper really don't bother him

I forgot to mention that i am not really worried about their growth since I do plan to make a big aquarium about 800 gallons since I also have my Tess in a 210g

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back