Chaoti Leopard Wrasse

jtmoney528

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been offered an adult Chaoti Leopard Wrasse that just came in. It is around 4 to 5 inches. How much harder are these than ornate?

I want to see it eat of course and make sure its treated for worms.

I have two ornates in my tank as well, any issues with them?

Is $280 a good price for one?

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$280 is a fair price to be honest, I find they are slightly more picky to start with but will acclimate and be just about the same hardiness as any of the other leopard wrasses.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been offered an adult Chaoti Leopard Wrasse that just came in. It is around 4 to 5 inches. How much harder are these than ornate?

I want to see it eat of course and make sure its treated for worms.

I have two ornates in my tank as well, any issues with them?

Is $280 a good price for one?
Your Ornates may not like the Choat’s. Ornatus can be a more boisterous species of leopard and not accept other leopards once established.

Choati is also much harder than ornatus when it comes to settling. They generally want to be left at the shop for 1-2 weeks until they’re settled and then taken home. A large one is likely to be much more risky as the chances are it’s a male - and if you have a male ornate, it won’t like it.

OP
OP
J

jtmoney528

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Ornates may not like the Choat’s. Ornatus can be a more boisterous species of leopard and not accept other leopards once established.

Choati is also much harder than ornatus when it comes to settling. They generally want to be left at the shop for 1-2 weeks until they’re settled and then taken home. A large one is likely to be much more risky as the chances are it’s a male - and if you have a male ornate, it won’t like it.
Thank you very much for responding! Both my ornates are still female, one is a little larger than the other.

Here is a picture of it, let me know what you think
Screenshot_20240207_101844_Facebook.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for responding! Both my ornates are still female, one is a little larger than the other.

Here is a picture of it, let me know what you think
Screenshot_20240207_101844_Facebook.jpg
That looks male to me, I’d be very cautious. Transitioning phases in ornates aren’t obvious at first, and going by theres a size difference it may be male.

OP
OP
J

jtmoney528

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks male to me, I’d be very cautious. Transitioning phases in ornates aren’t obvious at first, and going by theres a size difference it may be male.
Ok, I really don't want to mess up my wrasses, everyone is getting along right now.

They also got a Kuteri in as well, much smaller, thoughts on them?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I really don't want to mess up my wrasses, everyone is getting along right now.

They also got a Kuteri in as well, much smaller, thoughts on them?
Kuiteri is a good idea and easier. They generally go in, unbothered and become the bosses from the ones I’ve had experience with.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back