Cherry Blossoms - Public Service Announcement

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from a trip to Washington DC late last evening. Although I was there to celebrate my daughter's recent engagement, it turns out it was peak bloom time for the cherry blossoms. All the hype about this yearly event is well founded. I didn't have the DSLR with me, so these were taken with my cell phone.

I'm merely posting this as a public service announcement. If you ever get the chance to see this in person, you will not be disappointed. It is truly stunning. Here's a few cell phone shots...

WilRams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is quite impressive. Looks like you were there at a good time. You can't take a picture with out 15 others in the shot on a weekend!

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, and yes, it's very impresssive. Timing was Friday right after the rain shower, but I can see what you're referring to. The place was jammed in short order.

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I walked down and saw them the other day on my lunch break. They are very nice this year! (I work on Independence ave.)

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I walked down and saw them the other day on my lunch break. They are very nice this year! (I work on Independence ave.)

Heck @ReeferBob, I probably walked right past your building...lol. We walked a lot! What a great break in the day for you to be able to stroll down and look at that scenery!

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got lucky. Normally there are so many people I feel like they are going to start spilling into the tidal basin. Strangely enough, even with all the people, it's always pretty relaxing. Side note, I think my best memory down there was while looking at the blossoms, I looked up and saw a bald eagle fly over.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh, we walked right down that path next to the lake last year before MACNA. Took the whole week prior to see DC. :)
I didn't even recognize what kind of trees they were. I would have never imagined!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back