Cipro availability

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Its meds like cipro why consideration and passing was initiated for medications no longer available in Canada due to use, misuse and overuse and discarded incorrectly

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get a person with a notion to try an antibiotic, medication and substance with the feeling " what's good for the goose, is good for the gander" and by coincidence it works and then there's a news release from the individual.
Peroxide is a good oxidizer and anti-bacterial which you rarely see at a doctor's office, yet widely used as examples.
Who says i got a peroxide bottle right here next to me .
20240124_174634.jpg

Magnapinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With this being said light and uv does degrade cipro so it will break down. I also do not do a wc after treatment so nothing going dow the drain and I assume 3 months later that the uv broke down the antibiotic.
The chemical itself isn't so much the issue compared to any bacteria which may be naturally selected to resist the drug. Those bacteria multiply, spread, and continue to cause infection, but respond to one less treatment. That's a big problem if they're only responsive to few treatments to begin with

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chemical itself isn't so much the issue compared to any bacteria which may be naturally selected to resist the drug. Those bacteria multiply, spread, and continue to cause infection, but respond to one less treatment. That's a big problem if they're only responsive to few treatments to begin with
I think your talking about Gene transfer...

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your talking about Gene transfer...
If remember right gene transfer required both alive and dead bacteria. If I kill the bacteria in the tank there is no alive bacteria for it to transfer resistance too. Unless you put the same bacteria back in then all gloves are off.

Magnapinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If remember right gene transfer required both alive and dead bacteria. If I kill the bacteria in the tank there is no alive bacteria for it to transfer resistance too. Unless you put the same bacteria back in then all gloves are off.
Gene transfer can play a role but it's not what I'm referring to here; I'm talking about plain and simple reproduction. Sure they can't reproduce if they're all dead, but how do you assure none survive? All it takes is one straggler to multiply exponentially and reinstate a thriving population. If/when it comes back, you have one less defense.

The reality is many people use antibiotics carelessly, and even meticulous security can fail. Bacteria can transfer in splashes of water you didn't even notice. Some of the more resilient bacteria can survive conventional means of sterilization, as well as dessication. You can never assume the treatment itself killed all the bacteria.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gene transfer can play a role but it's not what I'm referring to here; I'm talking about plain and simple reproduction. Sure they can't reproduce if they're all dead, but how do you assure none survive? All it takes is one straggler to multiply exponentially and reinstate a thriving population. If/when it comes back, you have one less defense.

The reality is many people use antibiotics carelessly, and even meticulous security can fail. Bacteria can transfer in splashes of water you didn't even notice. Some of the more resilient bacteria can survive conventional means of sterilization, as well as dessication. You can never assume the treatment itself killed all the bacteria.
True delution is the solution. What about it taking several generations before resistance is achieved.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing on the web says (can’t be right, right?)

Dosage…Use one tablet [ 250mg. ] per 1 gallons water

Dissolve in small amount of water, add directly into aquarium, pond or hospital tank
That's not right there is a cipro thread with dose.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

pavel vasev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Приятели, всички знаем, че антибиотиците не са панацея, ципрото ми действа без странични усложнения. Аз лично използвам високи дози във водата на моя 1700л аквариум, слагам 10 Cipro 500 mg

Translation:
Friends, we all know that antibiotics are not a panacea, cipro worked for me without side complications. I personally use high doses in the water of my 1700l aquarium, I put 10 Cipro 500 mg

Last edited by a moderator:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back