Cjtabares' 150 gal(36x36x27) tank progress

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to put together everything I need for my Marineland 150 gal tank(36x36x27). The light I am going to use came in yesterday; Lumatek DIMMABLE 250W / 400W Metal Halide Electronic Ballast, a LumenMax ELITE, with a 250w Radium. What I need to order now is the tank and build the stand. I am going to use my reef octopus super reef 5000, my mp40w, 1 k4, 3 k2s, 30 gal sump, 30 gal fuge, 55 gal frag tank(I might use my 100 gal for a frag tank if I can't sell it)

I still need to figure out what I am going to use as a return pump, I will be pumping up from my basement 1 floor. There are a few pumps for sale on my local club site: reeflow 3200 for $250, a blueline 100 for $100, and a panworld for $200. I think I am going to use the 2 predrilled holes for a herbie overflow and have a return come over the top. I want to go with as little watts as I can with my return pump to get 3-5x turn over. I will use my powerheads to get the rest in my DT and frag tank.

Any help or tips are welcome. TIA

Chrstopher

Last edited:

IHOP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a reeflo Dart on my tank and it is pumping water from my basement to the first floor with some to spare for my skimmer. Only 150 watts.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back