My 45gal cubish (re)build

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started to set up my tank I have had previously set up, with a few changes and updates.

Equipment:
45gal (24x24x18) tank
2 15gal sumps
Apex classic
1 mp10 esw
24” 4 bulb Aquatic Life T5 fixture
-think I will be adding a Radeon rx15 g6
Super Reef Octopus 1000-Int
Vertex Zeovit reactor

The plan is to start a fishless cycle in the next few days when the rest of the supplies I order come in. Will be using Microbactor7 to seed the tank with some bacteria. My stock list plan is:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
Purple Firefish
Royal Gramma
Diamond watchmen goby or Randall's prawn goby
Adorned Wrasse(maybe)
Long nose hawkish(maybe)

As for corals I am planning an SPS dominated tank, really like Birdsnest corals. A few from Jason fox have caught my eye. Not sure what else I will put in for coral.
IMG_3114.png
IMG_3113.png

Don’t think this one is a birdsnest.
IMG_3112.png

I plan on running the basic Zeovit, the Zeolite, ZeoBac, ZeoStart, and ZeoFeed. Planning on dosing All-for-reef and amino acids, keep the fish well feed, and am toying with the idea of dosing Phos-feed. Hoping to use Zeovit to keep nutrients down, while being able to provide everything with ample nutrition.

This is where I am so far.
IMG_3118.jpeg
IMG_3119.jpeg
IMG_3120.jpeg
IMG_3109.jpeg
IMG_3111.jpeg
IMG_3110.jpeg

In the coming weeks I plan to add sand to the tank, get it cycled, and finish the stand. I plan on going pretty simple with the stand, just some poplar ply panted, using magnets to keep them attached to the steel stand, but still allowing for easy removal.

I thinks that it for now. Thanks for reading, and feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started to set up my tank I have had previously set up, with a few changes and updates.

Equipment:
45gal (24x24x18) tank
2 15gal sumps
Apex classic
1 mp10 esw
24” 4 bulb Aquatic Life T5 fixture
-think I will be adding a Radeon rx15 g6
Super Reef Octopus 1000-Int
Vertex Zeovit reactor

The plan is to start a fishless cycle in the next few days when the rest of the supplies I order come in. Will be using Microbactor7 to seed the tank with some bacteria. My stock list plan is:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
Purple Firefish
Royal Gramma
Diamond watchmen goby or Randall's prawn goby
Adorned Wrasse(maybe)
Long nose hawkish(maybe)

As for corals I am planning an SPS dominated tank, really like Birdsnest corals. A few from Jason fox have caught my eye. Not sure what else I will put in for coral.
IMG_3114.png
IMG_3113.png

Don’t think this one is a birdsnest.
IMG_3112.png

I plan on running the basic Zeovit, the Zeolite, ZeoBac, ZeoStart, and ZeoFeed. Planning on dosing All-for-reef and amino acids, keep the fish well feed, and am toying with the idea of dosing Phos-feed. Hoping to use Zeovit to keep nutrients down, while being able to provide everything with ample nutrition.

This is where I am so far.
IMG_3118.jpeg
IMG_3119.jpeg
IMG_3120.jpeg
IMG_3109.jpeg
IMG_3111.jpeg
IMG_3110.jpeg

In the coming weeks I plan to add sand to the tank, get it cycled, and finish the stand. I plan on going pretty simple with the stand, just some poplar ply panted, using magnets to keep them attached to the steel stand, but still allowing for easy removal.

I thinks that it for now. Thanks for reading, and feel free to ask any questions.
nice looking aquascape!

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on some stuff I needed for my RODI unit to fill the tank. While I was waiting for that I was working on organizing and setting up the wires/apex.
IMG_3148.jpeg

Any ideas on hiding these wires?
IMG_3149.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank filled but the sump bulkhead was leaking, I had the gasket on the wrong side. Oops. Got that fixed and added ammonia and microbactor7 to the tank last night. So we our on our way. Don’t think I rinsed the sand well enough.

IMG_3173.jpeg

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank filled but the sump bulkhead was leaking, I had the gasket on the wrong side. Oops. Got that fixed and added ammonia and microbactor7 to the tank last night. So we our on our way. Don’t think I rinsed the sand well enough.

IMG_3173.jpeg
I used the caribsea "live" sand says not to rinse, I didnt. Mine was cloudy for maybe 2 days, filter floss cleared it up.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Curious where you found your rock? Is it old? I'm also using that in our new build, but would like more.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back