clam?

steve_58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a few more live rock and was putting them in my tank when i noticed what looked like a clam around 3/4" to 1" across that was in a hole in one of the rocks.It was attached pretty well to the rock but i managed to get it to come loose and got it out . At first i thought it was just a shell so i dropped it in the tank. After a few minutes my wife said it was alive . We watched and it looked as though it was sticking its tongue out ,lol.It then managed to stand up on the edge of its shell and seemingly started walking and went back into the rocks.My question is do clams walk like that ? On the side of the shell that hinged it looked like there were two small hinges with an opening between them. Wish i would of gotten a pic of it .Anyone have any ideas?

OP
OP
steve_58

steve_58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry no i don't. I was so occupied watching with the way it was "walking" i did'nt even think of getting the camera,lol. I have been searching the rocks for it and hoping i find find it so i can get a picture.

OP
OP
steve_58

steve_58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys , i'm still tryin to find it and get a picture.Trying to find that little thing hiding amongst 90lbs of rock and coral in 75 gallons of water is tough,lol.

Back