Clownfish scratching

Magok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings #fishmedics ,
I have two clownfish in QT and watching them getting them eating before I start medication. I have them in QT one week and I was planning to start copper today but unfortunately I noticed unusual behavior, they stopped eating and they started to spasm/twitch/scratch. Up until yesterday they were eating normally.
QT is cycled, with airstone and internal filter with cycled Matrix, parameters are:
SG:1026
NH3/4: 0
NO2: 0
No3: 15

Should I start with a specific medication? Could it be flukes?

Thank you in Advance!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings #fishmedics ,
I have two clownfish in QT and watching them getting them eating before I start medication. I have them in QT one week and I was planning to start copper today but unfortunately I noticed unusual behavior, they stopped eating and they started to spasm/twitch/scratch. Up until yesterday they were eating normally.
QT is cycled, with airstone and internal filter with cycled Matrix, parameters are:
SG:1026
NH3/4: 0
NO2: 0
No3: 15

Should I start with a specific medication? Could it be flukes?

Thank you in Advance!

The one fish appears to be scratching. That is a sign of flukes. However, flukes do not cause fish to stop eating until very late in the infection, so I don't think this is flukes (or flukes are not the main problem). The video is too far away for me to tell if the fish are breathing too fast or not.

What copper product do you have?
If you have coppersafe or copper power, I would start with a full dose of that today.

Jay

OP
OP
Magok

Magok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one fish appears to be scratching. That is a sign of flukes. However, flukes do not cause fish to stop eating until very late in the infection, so I don't think this is flukes (or flukes are not the main problem). The video is too far away for me to tell if the fish are breathing too fast or not.

What copper product do you have?
If you have coppersafe or copper power, I would start with a full dose of that today.

Jay
Thank you Jay for your reply,
Unfortunately these two products are not available in my country and I have Cupramine at hand to use.
Should I proceed with this?

Thank you

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Jay for your reply,
Unfortunately these two products are not available in my country and I have Cupramine at hand to use.
Should I proceed with this?

Thank you

Yes, Cupramine would be my third choice. Dose it at 0.50 ppm. Don't add any ammonia removing chemicals when using that product.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back