Clowns and Anemone Finally Bond but

specwar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After months of waiting my clown pair have finally taken to the green tip but I have a new home(larger reef tank) for them cycling right now so the question is - Do I transfer them together at the same time or does one go before the other? My smaller clown dominates the green tip - maybe will be the female? Thanks from a Noob.

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to assist with the bonding, i believe you can keep all three together in a large acclimation box for several days (in the new larger tank once cycling has finished).

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the anemone is attached to a rock, move the rock and anemone into the tank together. Sometimes clowns will nestle down into the anemone and you can pick up the rock and anemone and the clown will hitchhike inside. Otherwise, the clowns can be netted and added to the new tank with anemone and they usually will find their home and jump back right in. Once they are attached the clowns will usually stick even as their home base gets transplanted.

OP
OP
specwar

specwar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the anemone is attached to a rock, move the rock and anemone into the tank together. Sometimes clowns will nestle down into the anemone and you can pick up the rock and anemone and the clown will hitchhike inside. Otherwise, the clowns can be netted and added to the new tank with anemone and they usually will find their home and jump back right in. Once they are attached the clowns will usually stick even as their home base gets transplanted.
Thanks! It's attached to a rock but it's small enough I can move the whole unit at one time. Ok I guess it's going to be a three's company move. I plan on getting another nem in this larger tank this way if the other clown goes for it they can stop with all the bickering. Neither was into the Nem until this morning and like little kids - as soon as one kid wants the toy so does the other...

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back