Come and join us

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see how @Sisterlimonpot can claim the benefit to the group is exclusivity in one statement but then criticize the group in another statement saying it’s open for everyone. Doesn’t sound exclusive at all, it’s voluntary and open to everyone.

I also don’t see why you had to go out of your way to join this thread and criticize the group and it’s purpose. You joined, it didn’t benefit you, and you left. Move on, leave them alone. Doesn’t sound like anyone offended you or gave you a problem, you just didn’t see a purpose or reason to continue being a member and left.

Why do you have to come out of the woodwork to give the op a hard time about the group and get into a back and forth with the op and other people in this thread? Did something happen to leave you bitter or resentful?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This website cannot meet your needs. You have your needs, and the website also has its considerations. We just have different positions and different ideas. There is no need to argue with each other and insist on explaining who is right and who is wrong, and who is justified. This is unreasonable. Please save your time and don't waste it arguing.
It has nothing to do with needs, websites or difference of position/ideas. You're trying to be peace maker for something that doesn't require it. I'm not arguing. I asked a simple question.

I understand the toxic environment of the internet and I assume that's the reason for @Nano_Man going from 0 to 10 with his response. He took it personal, when it was far from, hence the request to re-read the post.

Now we have veered so far from a simple inquiry, and made it about reflecting on what's worthy of wasting time, feelings and respect, when all I wanted to know was, "what's the purpose?"

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you have to come out of the woodwork to give the op a hard time about the group and get into a back and forth with the op and other people in this thread? Did something happen to leave you bitter or resentful?
Nothing happened, you're right it wasn't for me and I left and didn't give it a second thought until I came across this thread. I'm simply curious for the push to be a member of a group that isn't attracting other rock pool enthusiasts.

It has nothing to do with an ax to grind, or malintent. It's merely an inquiry that has seemed to have struck a nerve. I truly just want to understand, but instead of getting an answer, all we are doing is dissecting comments.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing happened, you're right it wasn't for me and I left and didn't give it a second thought until I came across this thread. I'm simply curious for the push to be a member of a group that isn't attracting other rock pool enthusiasts.

It has nothing to do with an ax to grind, or malintent. It's merely an inquiry that has seemed to have struck a nerve. I truly just want to understand, but instead of getting an answer, all we are doing is dissecting comments.

Maybe they want to share their knowledge of rock pools, but there isn’t enough content or rock pool enthusiasts to keep the group active, so they engage in open forum style posts/discussion to keep it alive while they await more members

I dunno. I don’t see a need to join or to get a badge, but to each their own. Let them be lol

xunhe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should ask revhtree

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the group and I have said please remove yourself from this thread I have already said you’re not welcome. The group was formed to learn about native sea creatures around the world. At the moment this is a tiny group of people keeping native tanks so the group does go off in other directions because there isn’t enough content for rock pooling
I let normal reefers join and as long as they have an interest in native Rock pooling or as you over there say tide pooling. The number of members is to try and get people talking and learning about native sea creatures but I also let people discuss anything that on their minds . This group is hard to keep alive but i won’t give up all I ask members too put some input in to the group.. yes some members have been given badges and never contributed at all. But this will be sorted soon If members don’t contribute maybe badges should be removed.
What i am trying too say is I have hand picked most of the members because I new they were friendly and would get on with other members in the group I have never had to say anything to a member about there behaviour not once
Hopefully this gives you an insight what I am trying to do .

@Sisterlimonpot

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I think about it you’re only discussing it and we really should be friends your input on this would be better in the group to get things shuck up I am willing if you are . And as they say it’s water under the bridge

@Sisterlimonpot

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to my badge? I noticed today it was missing. Was I kicked out lol?

@RockRash

We have decided that if members have not contributed at all in the group there is no point you having a badge The idea of the group is for friendly people to come together and enjoy the group. Sorry your badge has been removed but you’re not the only one. If you would like to contribute to the group feel free on reapplying for your badge you have not been singled out it’s just a new approach for the group. Kind regards Nano_Man

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@xunhe
It’s not sad it’s easy put some input into the group like you do on another threads . And you would have kept your badge. If you want to contribute to the group you can reapply for your badge but you don’t get a badge for not doing anything

Last edited:

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 30 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 114 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back