bump manatee GIF
Bump

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean? After the joining group, you will receive a beautiful badge! And there are also many people who join multiple groups.
beautiful jim carey GIF
Blue Jeans 90S GIF
Then the benefit is a beautiful badge?

I do see a few folks that go out of their way to collect a badge. Some even pay a yearly fee for that privilege.

I'm sure I'm the minority here, but there's zero value in badges.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand the benefit? A while back I was asked to join, and spent a week being part of the group and didn't see any purpose.

My take away was that it was an exclusive group that's only purpose was that it was exclusive.
Please go through the group thread from start to finish and you will see some beautiful things iin nature. I respect your comments but sometimes you need to take a second look.
I would love you to join and it doesn’t have to be anything with native rock pool It can be any topic . That’s what we need in the group. But yes I take your comments on board.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand the benefit? A while back I was asked to join, and spent a week being part of the group and didn't see any purpose.

My take away was that it was an exclusive group that's only purpose was that it was exclusive.
If my records are correct you have never been a member and you have never put any input into the group . But I have seen this before none members of the group give negative comments on a subject they know nothing about. So hopefully others groups will make you give good feedback and not negative feedback. But thank you for your negative comments. Nano_Man

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please go through the group thread from start to finish and you will see some beautiful things iin nature. I respect your comments but sometimes you need to take a second look.
I would love you to join and it doesn’t have to be anything with native rock pool It can be any topic . That’s what we need in the group. But yes I take your comments on board.
That still doesn't shed light to the benefit.

I'd get it if you wanted to surround yourself with people you look up to. But you're opening it up to everyone, which, again, begs the question... what's the point?

My best guess is that you're doing it for the recognition and prestige. Yet offer no reason besides a badge and forced exclusivity.

If my records are correct you have never been a member and you have never put any input into the group .
Not true. You solicited me circa September 2023. I was curious and joined. I read through the content and it left me puzzled for the need. The information was no different than the hundreds of conversations that take place in the open forums. It would've been one thing if the group stayed true to the title and focused on rock pools.

Needless to say, I didn't stay long after and removed muself and the badge.

So hopefully others groups will make you give good feedback and not negative feedback.

Maybe there are other groups on the site that do the same thing, then perhaps one can argue that there's a desire to stand out. Unfortunately, I keep questioning the purpose. I don't know why someone would join just to get a badge.

This all goes back to the purpose of me chiming in and asking the question. Can you provide any reason how it benefits anyone from becoming an exclusive member of the rock pool group? Especially when you're asking any Tom, Dick and Harry to join. To me it seems like a numbers game.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That still doesn't shed light to the benefit.

I'd get it if you wanted to surround yourself with people you look up to. But you're opening it up to everyone, which, again, begs the question... what's the point?

My best guess is that you're doing it for the recognition and prestige. Yet offer no reason besides a badge and forced exclusivity.

Not true. You solicited me circa September 2023. I was curious and joined. I read through the content and it left me puzzled for the need. The information was no different than the hundreds of conversations that take place in the open forums. It would've been one thing if the group stayed true to the title and focused on rock pools.

Needless to say, I didn't stay long after and removed muself and the badge.

Maybe there are other groups on the site that do the same thing, then perhaps one can argue that there's a desire to stand out. Unfortunately, I keep questioning the purpose. I don't know why someone would join just to get a badge.

This all goes back to the purpose of me chiming in and asking the question. Can you provide any reason how it benefits anyone from becoming an exclusive member of the rock pool group? Especially when you're asking any Tom, Dick and Harry to join. To me it seems like a numbers game.
You are Rude and have disrespect me and my members and you will only do it once. You’re the big person behind the keyboard . Please don’t contact me or anyone in my group because you are disrespectful. I would not want you as a member only kind friendly people join my group.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are Rude and have disrespect me and my members and you will only do it once. You’re the big person behind the keyboard . Please don’t contact me or anyone in my group because you are disrespectful. I would not want you as a member only kind friendly people join my group.
What? I invite you to re-read what I wrote and view it from a perspective that doesn't include you (and your group) as the victim(s).

You're entitled to your response. But it negates any means of justifying your recruitment efforts. Which is the whole purpose of my chiming it. You can choose not to defend it. I'm just trying to make sense of it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to understand.

One thing is like the operation of a lever. Either it saves time or effort, but it definitely doesn’t save work. I mean, nothing is perfect.
The implication was that there was disrespect for a persons hobby and that I was blindly criticizing. Now, I'm even more confused with your lever analogy. Haha

xunhe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The implication was that there was disrespect for a persons hobby and that I was blindly criticizing. Now, I'm even more confused with your lever analogy. Haha
This website cannot meet your needs. You have your needs, and the website also has its considerations. We just have different positions and different ideas. There is no need to argue with each other and insist on explaining who is right and who is wrong, and who is justified. This is unreasonable. Please save your time and don't waste it arguing.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.3%
Back