Coming from fresh water and starting my first 75 gallon reef tank

Chris H Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

Just wanted to jump in and introduce myself! I have kept multiple tank of freshwater fish in the past (Currently have a 30 Gallon community tank and 6 gallon shrimp tank) but am just now getting into and learning about reef tanks!

I'm planning my first 75 gallon reef tank and can't wait to learn about the hobby and keep some beautiful fish and corals in my home!

I'm still putting together my fish list but definitely want to keep 2 clowns and some sort of tang!

I'm excited to learn about the hobby and happy I found this resource of helpful people!

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello & Welcome
IMG_8890.jpeg

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey, I was in the same boat last year! I just ran a tiny reef tank for a year and have graduated into the larger range. I currently have 6x2.5G, 5, 10, 29, and 75 freshwater planted tanks, the smallest ones for shrimp and fry, the next two species tanks (Ember and Green Neon tetras respectively) and the largest two community.

Welcome and enjoy the journey! There's a LOT of information to absorb and just about the only things that transfer between fresh and salt are nets, carbon, heaters, thermometers, and filter floss. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Everything else is new.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

Just wanted to jump in and introduce myself! I have kept multiple tank of freshwater fish in the past (Currently have a 30 Gallon community tank and 6 gallon shrimp tank) but am just now getting into and learning about reef tanks!

I'm planning my first 75 gallon reef tank and can't wait to learn about the hobby and keep some beautiful fish and corals in my home!

I'm still putting together my fish list but definitely want to keep 2 clowns and some sort of tang!

I'm excited to learn about the hobby and happy I found this resource of helpful people!
Welcome to Reef2Reef! You can start a build thread so we can see your tank evolve over time. If you want to keep a tang i'd suggest a bristletooth, kole eye tang, and maybe a yellow tang if your tank is 4 or more feet long. Bristletooth and Kole eye should work just fine.

OP
OP
C

Chris H Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! You can start a build thread so we can see your tank evolve over time. If you want to keep a tang i'd suggest a bristletooth, kole eye tang, and maybe a yellow tang if your tank is 4 or more feet long. Bristletooth and Kole eye should work just fine.
Its so hard to pick between all the types of tangs! They're all such beautiful fish I wish I could keep more than one in a 75 gal.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back