OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! They're much more colorful from the the top, but I was too lazy to take that shot...lol

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get rid of the green palys in my tank that I've had from day 1 so I sold the whole rock they were on. Now I just have to kill off the stray ones throughout the rest of the tank. Since the rock was one of my base rocks, I've had to do a little rescaping. While I was at it, I re-homed a bunch of other coral that I no longer want to keep in my tank. I will post an updated pic tomorrow when the water clears up.

How do I kill the stray palys? Can I use pickling lime on them?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Kalk paste will work.

You have a beautiful tank Connie, really nice.

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I added a Hydra Aquatics Bio Pellet Reactor and Ecobak to the sump. Today, I finished the DIY screen covers to replace the glass ones. Wow! did that make a difference. I didn't realize how much light was being lost. Gotta keep my babies (wrasses) safe..lol

Just a note: I made one screen last weekend and put it on the tank. My Ponape Birdsnest colony started bleaching from too much light in just a few days. It skeered me, but now that I have moved it down some, it is recovering nicely.

trukgirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get your fish to hold still long enough to get such good,pics of them?? Or is it camera settings?
Great tank!!

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everybody.
Beautiful Connie I need a bigger tank
Get you one!

JoAnn...I take A LOT of pictures, to get those few decent ones. I have copied other reefers' camera settings that they share in the photography forum. I also try to predict where the fish is going and shoot just a tad ahead of them.

It was nice to meet you yesterday Semisonyx!

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty Boy Floyd - Incognito

A few months ago I had a temp swing and lost all but a fraction of an inch of encrustation of this Red Planet. Thank goodness it's coming back. I'm a happy camper about this one.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back