Cooper banded butterfly with cloudy eye

enieto02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I noticed a few days ago that my CBB’s right eye appeared abnormal( please see photos). I am unsure if the eye lesion was caused by trauma, infection, or parasites. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

IMG_0527.jpeg IMG_0528.jpeg IMG_0529.jpeg IMG_0530.jpeg IMG_0531.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi everyone,

I noticed a few days ago that my CBB’s right eye appeared abnormal( please see photos). I am unsure if the eye lesion was caused by trauma, infection, or parasites. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

IMG_0527.jpeg IMG_0528.jpeg IMG_0529.jpeg IMG_0530.jpeg IMG_0531.jpeg
This appears to be mechanical injury and eye as i dont have to tell you looks pretty bad. Pretty bad, meaning its chance of healing/restored to normal would be a miracle?
Any aggression with other tankmates, and what other tankmates do you have with it?
Normally ethromyacin would be a cure for eye trauma and you can sure try it, but im sure it wont change current condition. Will also get a second opinion

@Jay Hemdal

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree - this is an injury - and it is unlikely to heal - however - whether the fish can still see or not is an issue. I might try treatment with an antibiotic. Since - there could also be an infection.

OP
OP
E

enieto02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This appears to be mechanical injury and eye as i dont have to tell you looks pretty bad. Pretty bad, meaning its chance of healing/restored to normal would be a miracle?
Any aggression with other tankmates, and what other tankmates do you have with it?
Normally ethromyacin would be a cure for eye trauma and you can sure try it, but im sure it wont change current condition. Will also get a second opinion

@Jay Hemdal
A little backstory about 4 months ago, I had a significant stress event when my ATO failed, and the salinity dropped rapidly to 1.020. 2 days later, all my fish were covered in either ich or velvet. As a result, I removed all the fish and immediately treated them with copper safe and nitrofurazone. I treated the fish for 30 days and left the tank fallow for 11 weeks. In the aftermath, I lost 4 fish and most of my SPS corals.

Current tank mates are 3 chormis damsels, 1 pajama cardinal, 1 foxface, 1 ocellaris clownfish, 1 blue tang, and 1 scopas tang.
None appear to be showing any signs of aggression.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A little backstory about 4 months ago, I had a significant stress event when my ATO failed, and the salinity dropped rapidly to 1.020. 2 days later, all my fish were covered in either ich or velvet. As a result, I removed all the fish and immediately treated them with copper safe and nitrofurazone. I treated the fish for 30 days and left the tank fallow for 11 weeks. In the aftermath, I lost 4 fish and most of my SPS corals.

Current tank mates are 3 chormis damsels, 1 pajama cardinal, 1 foxface, 1 ocellaris clownfish, 1 blue tang, and 1 scopas tang.
None appear to be showing any signs of aggression.
Glad to see many survived

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back