Coral help! Ricordea Florida

Mwydr02188

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i am seni new to the SW world. I have limited experience with ricordea. It seems my ricordea Florida has detached and is floated around the tank. The coral itself is very stiff. Still has its fluorescence and slim. I hope there is nothing wrong

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some people will put some rock rubble in a small container with the mushroom so it can more easily attach to a rock... allowing some flow through the container. Just let the container sit on the sandbed. Then after it attaches, you can put the attached mushroom where you want it to grow. Just floating around your tank may eventually get chopped up in a powerhead.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i am seni new to the SW world. I have limited experience with ricordea. It seems my ricordea Florida has detached and is floated around the tank. The coral itself is very stiff. Still has its fluorescence and slim. I hope there is nothing wrong
Yep, just one form of propagation. As mentioned try to give it opportunity to attach and you'll soon have a "double"

OP
OP
Mwydr02188

Mwydr02188

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some people will put some rock rubble in a small container with the mushroom so it can more easily attach to a rock... allowing some flow through the container. Just let the container sit on the sandbed. Then after it attaches, you can put the attached mushroom where you want it to grow. Just floating around your tank may eventually get chopped up in a powerhead.
Thanks! I put it into a shot glass with some rubble. Im glad nothing is wrong with it as far as i can tell. It just seems unhappy. Is enjoy doijg this to much to see something die because of some i did !

OP
OP
Mwydr02188

Mwydr02188

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!!

These guys cannot be glued directly. They will just slime and detach. As stated above, just put in bowl with rubble and it will eventually attach. They also tend to like less light. IME
The coral is definitely sliming. When I placed it in the glass with the rubble
The tweezers i used we very slimy after

OP
OP
Mwydr02188

Mwydr02188

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, just one form of propagation. As mentioned try to give it opportunity to attach and you'll soon have a "double"
Also apologies for not knowing the term “a double”. But of you are referring to its “Mouths”. It has 2

OP
OP
Mwydr02188

Mwydr02188

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems as of it shrinking. Looks like it is splitting and has gained some softness and much more slime from what i can tell. Thanks for the enlightenment lol

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back