Coral Temporary Tank // Reefapalooza

joemcshe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be in a hotel tomorrow, going to Reefapalooza, if I wanted to buy corals on 4/20 and keep them overnight, what’s the best course of action. Should I keep them in the bags, or should I bring a 5 gallon bucket with an aerator or small pump ? Not too far out of Orlando so it is not a far drive back after I go on Sunday.

Any experience in this would be appreciated.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be in a hotel tomorrow, going to Reefapalooza, if I wanted to buy corals on 4/20 and keep them overnight, what’s the best course of action. Should I keep them in the bags, or should I bring a 5 gallon bucket with an aerator or small pump ? Not too far out of Orlando so it is not a far drive back after I go on Sunday.

Any experience in this would be appreciated.
I would use a bucket with air stone better than keeping them in bags . Maybe some heater and take some of your reef water with you in the bucket that has a good lid. This is only my opinion other members might chime in

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of vendors will be willing to hold corals over the weekend so you can take them home on Sunday. I suggest you ask if they provide that service before you buy anything from them though haha. The bucket method also works, but might do in more sensitive SPS/acros.

OP
OP
J

joemcshe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of vendors will be willing to hold corals over the weekend so you can take them home on Sunday. I suggest you ask if they provide that service before you buy anything from them though haha. The bucket method also works, but might do in more sensitive SPS/acros.
Thanks guys !

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back