Coralife super skimmer needle wheel up to 65 gal

Vw reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are terrible skimmers. For those that love them my guess is that you haven't had others like the reef octopus, SWC, etc...cloudy water is best addressed through use of carbon....

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are terrible skimmers. For those that love them my guess is that you haven't had others like the reef octopus, SWC, etc...cloudy water is best addressed through use of carbon....
Interesting. Ever seen one with the MOD kit on it and a Mesh Mod Impeller? They look and run just like one of the big boys.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting ( I'll chime in) I have two other reef tanks with big name brand skimmers and have owned a dozen skimmers through the years.

Vw reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree however they don't seem to run very that way from what I have seen. And there design is a bit outdated vs newer skimmers. iMO I would go with the reef octopus.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back