Hi, newb reefer from sacto (california) here. :)

mikst

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, or whatever time it is where you are.

My name is Mik (like jagger) and I am super new to reefing, as in i have no reef tank set up yet. I'm in the binge watching YouTube and reading forums "research" phase. I have a dozen, yes, freshwater tanks,each with a custom sump i made whether AIO, under sump, or overhead sump set up. I'm pretty familiar with filtration and info my best to keep mostly dirted sanded planted tanks with biodiversity.

I've read a lot on here about refugiums, crypt zones, protein skimmers, and so on. I look forward to playing my first question somewhere and trying to learn as much as possible until I know enough to contribute.

Thanks for being here. Oh, I saw yourreef aquarium store is a sponsor here, I just visited his shop the other day as I explored the local stores. I'll definitely be going back. Does the owner post on here?

Have a good day!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
welcome33.gif

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, or whatever time it is where you are.

My name is Mik (like jagger) and I am super new to reefing, as in i have no reef tank set up yet. I'm in the binge watching YouTube and reading forums "research" phase. I have a dozen, yes, freshwater tanks,each with a custom sump i made whether AIO, under sump, or overhead sump set up. I'm pretty familiar with filtration and info my best to keep mostly dirted sanded planted tanks with biodiversity.

I've read a lot on here about refugiums, crypt zones, protein skimmers, and so on. I look forward to playing my first question somewhere and trying to learn as much as possible until I know enough to contribute.

Thanks for being here. Oh, I saw yourreef aquarium store is a sponsor here, I just visited his shop the other day as I explored the local stores. I'll definitely be going back. Does the owner post on here?

Have a good day!
I live a couple miles from Yourreef.
John has a website that he sells corals from that you wont see at the store.
Welcome to R2R.

OP
OP
mikst

mikst

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Mik! Looking forward to seeing what kinda crazy build you come up with :cool:
Thanks. :) I'm a chronic overfilterer. I have a 1 gallon sump on a 2.5 gallon tank even :) I love engineering stuff and I've built a few tanks for people around me too.

Thank you all for the welcomes.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back