Count down... what are you ordering

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 gallons of calcium I have a gallon and I bet I will never go through that. 5 gallons would last me forever

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was planning on getting a bunch...lights, ato, heater, dosing pump. Then like at the CC bill and decided I better wait. There will be more sales in the future and I don't need to go broke over a tank.

Living vicariously through all your orders.

Well isn't it wonderful how things can change. After a talk with the wife, SHE, is going to order my stuff for me. So it goes with two kessil 360, tunze top off, and a apex lunar sim. Though I may now wait till cyber Monday and see if things change a bit.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well isn't it wonderful how things can change. After a talk with the wife, SHE, is going to order my stuff for me. So it goes with two kessil 360, tunze top off, and a apex lunar sim. Though I may now wait till cyber Monday and see if things change a bit.

WOW! Very NICE Ray, super cool that SHE is supporting your addiction....lol My wife even after all the years just puts up with me as far as the 'Fish Stuff' goes.

Cheers, Todd

ss95003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one Phill?
Extremely Rare Neon Orange Branching Hammer POLYP.JPG
I actully ordered one poly of this today. Hope it is as nice as the picture. Waiting for cherry corals to update too.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 gallons of calcium I have a gallon and I bet I will never go through that. 5 gallons would last me forever

My dosing has been insane over past 18 months, have gone through 3/4 of a 5g bucket in just over a year and consumption just keeps going up. The XL Rose Milli alone has approx 250" +- growth per month now and the mixed Birdsnests about the same if not more I'm sure. With my new tank up grade guessing I'll be going through at least a 5g bucket of Calcium and a 13lb bag of Baking Soda annually from now on.

Cheers, Todd

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's insane. It doesn't take much to even mix up a batch for the solution. I honestly don't even need to dose calcium. I should actually check ago though I'm baby sitting a pretty large squasamosa clam for a month I'm sure it's sacking it right up along with my dersa.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, if you're not fighting to keep you're calcium high in a mostly SPS tank than you're not grow much, or something is off... Todd, sounds like you have a fast growing reef man, and that's awesome!

My dosing has been insane over past 18 months, have gone through 3/4 of a 5g bucket in just over a year and consumption just keeps going up. The XL Rose Milli alone has approx 250" +- growth per month now and the mixed Birdsnests about the same if not more I'm sure. With my new tank up grade guessing I'll be going through at least a 5g bucket of Calcium and a 13lb bag of Baking Soda annually from now on.

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back