OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decide when to add fish. I'm probably going to start with either the corys or the rasbora. It's going to be really hard to tell when this tank is cycled. I'm probably just going to make sure there's always a piece of rotting algae wafer in there and wait another week or 2

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Api kits are so blasted hard to read what do yall think lol
20230303_164520.jpg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's beautiful though either way and I love that it's a regional plant from the area.
I'm a fan of it. Doesn't grow crazy fast, nice bright green, easy to propagate. 3 wins in my book.
I'm trying to decide when to add fish. I'm probably going to start with either the corys or the rasbora. It's going to be really hard to tell when this tank is cycled. I'm probably just going to make sure there's always a piece of rotting algae wafer in there and wait another week or 2
Nitrite might be a better test then. When they are gone your system can handle a small bioload.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of yall ever use a red sea fleece roller? I'm considering eventually modding my sump and installing one
Get it get it get GET IT! I think it’s one of the best things you can get for your tank ever! The clarity is outstanding and the layout of it the easiness of how to use and only 330+ it’s soooo good!

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get it get it get GET IT! I think it’s one of the best things you can get for your tank ever! The clarity is outstanding and the layout of it the easiness of how to use and only 330+ it’s soooo good!
My only annoyance is getting it setup. I have a messy dual overflow setup and a sump that would require me carving out some plastic walls with a sharp knife in my sock compartment. I like the idea of not cleaning sponges every week or 2

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only annoyance is getting it setup. I have a messy dual overflow setup and a sump that would require me carving out some plastic walls with a sharp knife in my sock compartment. I like the idea of not cleaning sponges every week or 2
I guess it’s a bit daunting. Not quite sure how to do it on a dual overflow. With one overflow you just have to cut herbie drain to the part where your tubing and fitting will go and glue it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would require me carving out some plastic walls with a sharp knife
Can you even be trusted with a sharp knife?

Perhaps a Dremel would be safer and work better, you know, as long as you didn't drop it in the water. I am presuming the water level would be low for this type of activity though.

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the biggest thing I'm gonna have to get used to is the amount you feed a small planted tank vs the 180 gallons of water volume on the reef. I toss in 4-6 cubes and several flake and pellet meals a day in the reef and everything online is like "feed your betta 6-8 pellets a day and remove the uneaten food" lol

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need an Oto I think. Probably going to do at least 1 smaller Cory as well. The Betta lives up to her reputation in my tank - down to maybe 2 Cherries left.
Get multiple Otos as it helps a lot having multiple and they don’t get as skittish or as fragile. Also much more work so

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get multiple Otos as it helps a lot having multiple and they don’t get as skittish or as fragile. Also much more work so
Sounds like a similar problem I had with girls when I was about your age!

Back