OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo dump with inverts! Venus clams immediately mostly buried but a bit of everything else. Also a new side shot with the extra flow. Toadstool is loving it
1000005545.jpg
1000005544.jpg
1000005543.jpg
1000005542.jpg
1000005541.jpg
1000005540.jpg
1000005539.jpg
1000005538.jpg
1000005537.jpg
1000005536.jpg

Attachments

• 1000005543.jpg
    1000005543.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooo hugeeeee shout out to @icedgxe who connected me with a local reefer who had a piece of Koji Wada pink nepthea they were trying to get rid of. Absolutely didn't need to take the energy to to that without any provocation, but it really has made my month.

I added the piece and gave them a couple of my toadstool babies and some cash and now I'm the proud owner of a decently sized koji wada and a bonus purple monster zoa frag! Will post pics once they finish opening up. The Koji wada needs time to attach to something as well.

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooo hugeeeee shout out to @icedgxe who connected me with a local reefer who had a piece of Koji Wada pink nepthea they were trying to get rid of. Absolutely didn't need to take the energy to to that without any provocation, but it really has made my month.

I added the piece and gave them a couple of my toadstool babies and some cash and now I'm the proud owner of a decently sized koji wada and a bonus purple monster zoa frag! Will post pics once they finish opening up. The Koji wada needs time to attach to something as well.
I’m glad it all worked out!!

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can actually see the the coral putting on new sclerites even thought the polyps are closed and it's pretty closed up. I'm thinking that fiberglass look might be because this thing has a massive amount of sclerites.
I run carbon pretty consistently with Koji Wada and other leathers in the same tank. When my big Koji melted, I spoke to the propogator of the line they sell at UC, and he told me Kojis are usually the first to succumb to leather warfare and that he runs new carbon every 2 weeks for that reason.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns are attempting to get my toadstool to host them. It hates it lol. Luckily they don't seem to mind sharing the toadstool with the clown goby.

I decided to beef up my clean up crew as I have a very light snail stocking for a 120 at a pincushion, 3 or 4 turbos, a half dozen or so hermits, and a handful of astraea/tent/trochus snails.

I ordered from reef cleaners UPS overnight for Tuesday delivery! I ordered the following:

-30 dwarf ceriths
-15 Florida ceriths
-10 limpets
-10 zig zag periwinkles
-5 nerites
-5 ox tongue nerites
-5 money cowries
-5 dwarf planaxis
-2 zebra turbo snails
-2 male pitho crabs
-1 juvenile rock urchin
-1 giant knobby creeper
-1 tiger conch
-some extra empty cone shells

The things I almost bought but didnt:
-some trochus snails
-a serpent star
-a fuzzy chiton
-a pencil urchin
-more hermit crabs

The trochus were around the same price as my LFS so I passed. The other 4 kinda felt like gambles so I passed.

Will let everyone know how the order goes! Very reasonable price. Had I not gotten the juvenile rock urchin and gone for usps priority mail it would have been right at 100 bucks. Decided to do the safer 1 day shipping so it was a bit more, but you absolutely CANNOT beat the price
Those money cowries will put in work at night. And they live forever (knock on ). I'm interested to hear how that knobby creeper does for you.

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those money cowries will put in work at night. And they live forever (knock on ). I'm interested to hear how that knobby creeper does for you.
It's a really interesting creature. One thing to note is they burrow like other ceriths so the really stir the sand. The Reef Cleaners description of a mix between a conch and a turbo snail seems accurate. My main curiosity is longevity though. It's a really cool creature my hope is it's long lived.

I run carbon pretty consistently with Koji Wada and other leathers in the same tank. When my big Koji melted, I spoke to the propogator of the line they sell at UC, and he told me Kojis are usually the first to succumb to leather warfare and that he runs new carbon every 2 weeks for that reason.
Will stay on top of carbon swapping. I usually swap it monthly, but I might shift that up for a bit thanks for the tip

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Koji Wada is now almost completely adhered to the hole in a rock I attached it to! It has also reoriented the vast majority of its body upwards. 2 of the branches are pointed down into the dark but it is what it is haha. It is coloring up, and I've gotten a bit of polyp extension. Currently only the dark part is fully open (it is getting a lot more light than in its last tank and needs to acclimate)

1000005601.jpg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I've never seen before! Freaked out because I thought my Halloween hermit was dead. It's actively molting! Never seen a creature molt before!
1000005654.jpg
What is that soft coral you have there? Is that a waving hand anthelia?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back