OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more coral feeding response pics. Seems to be a more regular occurrence upon feeding my fish which I hadn't seen in the past with my acros.

photo 4.jpg
photo 3 10.06.01 PM.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 1 10.06.09 PM.jpg

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next coral pack from Battlecorals that is cut and will be shipped on Nov. 24th.

photo 10.06.20 PM.jpg

I thought I would never get into the coral naming game but now I find it more fun than just buying unknown/unnamed acros! Here are the names of these:

1. Cobbler Prostrata
2. BC Simplex
3. Hellraiser Milli
4. Cali Tort
5. Dogboy Clathrata
6. Paradise Found
7. Snipers Blue
8. Dales Purple Unknown
9. Red Dragan
10. Garf Bonsai
11. Pink Skelleton
12. Poor Man's Sniper
13. Red Planet
14. Hawkins
15. Miss Scarlet Table
16. Pink Lemonade
17. Nilbog Resident
18. Ricks Dragan Slayer

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to start filling the other system with frags! Here is a great pack I received today from BattleCorals... Battle Corals.jpg
More for my records, the names of these in order from left to right starting on the top row:
1. Poison Ivy
2. Rommels Watermelon
3. Crazy Bananas Milli
4. BC Bonsai
5. Gary's Yellow
6. PC Rainbow
7. Beehive 2.0
8. BPG
9. Xmas
10. Palmers Blue
11. The Moth

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I finally performed some much needed wire management!

photo 1.jpg

Before

photo 2.jpg

After

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Here is a picture when it was too small to really host the clowns...

IMG_2784.jpg

Close to a year after buying this little RTBA, it split for the second time leaving me with three of them. As I don't want them overtaking my display tank, I moved them to their own tank which has been running empty as part of my 100-gallon secondary system. Will see if I can trade them or get store credit from a LFS.

photo 2.jpg

Meanwhile, the original is on the move again. Hopefully he finds this spot acceptable...

photo 1.jpg

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home from work today and the anemone hosting the clowns split, not once but twice so in a matter of a few days I went from two to five...

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have an idea on what may have contributed to the nem splitting? do you feed it often?

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read through this entire thread in an hour, and enjoyed every minute of it. You had me thinking back to my early days when I was a category 1 fish killer who knew nothing about the keeping of healthy animals.

Also, and for some reason this seems really important. My daughter's birthday is July 23rd (2007) as well. The tank looks great. You've got me thinking about where I could squeeze in a peninsula.

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have an idea on what may have contributed to the nem splitting? do you feed it often?
I do not target feed them at all so it is not related to feeding. It is interesting that the two seperate nems split within days of each other...

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read through this entire thread in an hour, and enjoyed every minute of it. You had me thinking back to my early days when I was a category 1 fish killer who knew nothing about the keeping of healthy animals.

Also, and for some reason this seems really important. My daughter's birthday is July 23rd (2007) as well. The tank looks great. You've got me thinking about where I could squeeze in a peninsula.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my thread and I am glad you could relate and like the tank. I guess we do have some connection in addition to reef keeping with our daughter's b-day so would like to hear more about you guys...

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Tim, you've been really busy! Those acros look great :)

I have wire management issues also. Still debating on what to do about it...
Nothing better to do as our weather is in full winter mode!:smow: Thanks for the compliment on the acros, and I should learn to appreciate how they are doing but I am constantly complaining to myself that they aren't as colorful as others that I see posted of some of the more popular tank threads...

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter is 7 now and like you is my tank partner.

We have a 120 gallon mixed reef, mostly SPS. I look forward to the days when I can trust her to do more than simply add a little bit of food to the tank.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cold here but no snow. Never thought I'd miss it but i do. It's weather yoyo during winter in my part of FL. Constantly up and down. Could be 20 at night and 70 daytime. Or 45 at night and 50 daytime. It's weird and keeps people with continuous colds going on. Better to stay inside just the same lol.

I am ALWAYS staring at and critiquing my corals too. We just want them to be the best they can be for their health and for us too :D Personally i would love for mine to look as good as yours do. My tank hasn't found it's happy medium yet though.... some things that looked really bad before in the 125 are coloring up for the 1st time and yet others are just surviving. Then there are the others that used to be perfect are melting or losing color.

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw was that a Battlecorals special $10 frag sale that I somehow missed? I got some last time.... nice frags :D
Had it been $10/frag, I would have bought many many more...Was just a couple of nice packs he put together and advertised on R2R that I picked up along with adding some additional desired acros. I have my other 100-gallon system running with virtually no live stock in two of the connected tanks. I thought I might as well fill them up with frags and let them grow while the system is still fully functional and running.

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to our local frag swap today and my daughter won a pair of tomato clowns and a pair of fancy snow clowns in the raffle. Good thing my nems recently split...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back