OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so one lucky reefer's DC pump took a poop on them last night and they got to use one of my spare Jebao pumps on their system. I was told it was silent in their setup.

So, I went to work on my system and sure enough, it's how the pvc is held into place on the stand and how the pump is resting against the glass on the bottom of the sump. Once I pulled the pvc away from the clamp that holds it into place, it became a lot quieter. I then picked up the pump off of the glass bottom and it became very, very quiet. I didn't have much more time to play with it so I just put it all back as it was, but it definitely looks like I need to put some sort of dampeners in there somehow to quiet the pump down.

It's not overbearing, but I now know I can make it quieter so I have a new task to accomplish.

Curious to see what the unlucky reefer's pump looks like when it's taken apart???

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soudns like good news for you there ryan. mine is connected to a piece of black hose and has the rubber feets on the bottom. unfortunately, anything over level 2 and it makes my overflow too loud for my liking.

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try and find some foam or sound deadening material for the clamp that holds the PVC to the stand and also look for a foam/rubber pad for the pump itself to sit on. I have the platform/base that the pump camp with installed but think I'll remove that as sit the pump on the pad that I find to use.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 82 76.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back