Dino pleated filter cleaning

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Dino’s O and I’m in the process of setting my UV. On a separate filter I was thinking of using a 1 or 5 micron cartridge water filter to suck up the Dino’s. I have read that just washing off the filter would clean it. I thinking that I would need to clean the Dino’s from the fine pours. Would chlorine oxidize the Dino’s and clean them from the pleated filter or polypropylene depth filter

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a nori clip with a piece of filter floss at night set up in a high flow area. Turkey baste all the dinos right before lights out to get them waterborne. Rinse the floss in the morning and set aside..repeat process that evening. I used the same piece of floss for a few days.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing more extreme than tap water is needed to wash and clean the Dinos collected in a filter. It's just going back into the tank anyway.

OP
OP
KnH

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking that chlorine or muriatic acid to break down the Dino’s. Maybe I am overthinking this a bit

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back