Do you have a long-term goal for your tank, or do you just go with the flow?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for me I feel like I have a long-term goal with my tank, getting it fully stocked and filled with coral, fish, and inverts. (essentially a mini piece of the ocean). I am wondering do you have a long-term goal with your tank, or are you just going with whatever you feel like on a day to day basis.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I want to just watch as all of my tanks inhabitants grow, sit back any enjoy. Beyond that, no plans really.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My display tanks are “complete” other than pruning. So just maintenance. I have a few frag tanks to play with though. I plan on getting more species of coral, especially for tank #6 coming up.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want stability, that's my long term goal. I had to move back in October and I ended up upgrading my tank. Had to get different sand, more rock (it was dry mixed with my live) and I lost a lot of coral during the process.

Very frustrating to experience that so yeah, I just want stability.. and maybe a new skimmer that will fit my tank lol

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for me I feel like I have a long-term goal with my tank, getting it fully stocked and filled with coral, fish, and inverts. (essentially a mini piece of the ocean). I am wondering do you have a long-term goal with your tank, or are you just going with whatever you feel like on a day to day basis.
I used to but now I just go with the flow!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My display tanks are “complete” other than pruning. So just maintenance. I have a few frag tanks to play with though. I plan on getting more species of coral, especially for tank #6 coming up.
Didn't know you were about to start tank #6 haha

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal is to keep it simple. I have strayed a bit with stocking a tiny bit off what I planned but just tiny bit. I am actually almost done with stock and equipment. I already have upgraded lights on the way, will be ordering an app controlled pump and a wifi inkbird. Other than an orange torch or other orange lps on back wall, and either do rock or some sort of glass stand/elevation/magnetic to raise my frogspawn higher as to not touch other corals. thats about it.

The reason for wifi or blutooth is so I dont have to fiddle with plugs during water changes or take apart tank just to adjust flow.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal is to keep it simple. I have strayed a bit with stocking a tiny bit off what I planned but just tiny bit. I am actually almost done with stock and equipment. I already have upgraded lights on the way, will be ordering an app controlled pump and a wifi inkbird. Other than an orange torch or other orange lps on back wall, and either do rock or some sort of glass stand/elevation/magnetic to raise my frogspawn higher as to not touch other corals. thats about it.

The reason for wifi or blutooth is so I dont have to fiddle with plugs during water changes or take apart tank just to adjust flow.
I don't blame you for not wanting to mess with plugs, I need to invest in some wifi controllers.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal was always to have it run for at least 50 years. I am past that so I have no more goals except to keep it running until I croak. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back