Do you have a reef tank additive you swear by?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious to see what is the one thing you dose or add to your tank that you swear by. Maybe it is a specific product to raise elements that are low in your tank, or maybe you want to boost growth of coral in your tank. Let's see those additives you love!

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live phyto, i stopped using all of the dry coral food’s I’m only feeding live phyto i started this about a month ago i’m curious to see if there’s any benefit in the long-term use

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In a about 40-50ml of RODI, I put two teaspoons of calcium carbonate and shake the heck out of it for a bit. 2ML MB7, 3 drops of selcon and 3 drops of zeofood also get mixed in after the CaCO3 is more slurry like in the water. I used this really popular recipe but also tweaked the proportions a tiny bit

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really like all for reef, I feel like ita a great product that adds more than just the major elements. Mind you on larger it may not make sense financially for some. I only have a 75g and I think it's worth every penny spent and last quite a while on this size tank.

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm voting again for AFR. It's not without downsides, but it's the perfect additive for the vast majority of reef tanks.

You get everything you need in one solution, and you don't have to think about anything else unless the tank is large or grown out.

Close 2nd is Kalkwasser.

Back