Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh the jebao doser I don't know if I told you has a real time clock so that means if power goes out then when it comes back up all your setting will be store in the right timing. Also reef angel which is the controller I have found a way to use the marine magic single doser to be controlled by the reef angel. I believe this can be done if you buy a slave unit from jebao and hook it up to the reef angel and write a code and you would be able to control it from your phone

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Dosing pump stuck on when it was ran off of the Apex. Ended up dosing over a liter of ALK over several hours. I commanded the pump off but it stuck on. That didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. I sold those pumps, opened up some outlets, and now run a bubblemagnus dosing station. I love the station other than the fact that the pumps are pretty loud. I'm considering buying a Jebao just for the fun of it.

Last edited:

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my BRS pumps but it's awful tough to look away from the Jebao units. I nearly bought the BM unit, but figured I didn't need to do that with Apex. Now I'm looking at the Jebao because the BRS units are loud.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This ^^^

Use Apex to kill power to doser if pH gets wrong.

That's what I do! Unfortunately when I had the dosing pumps hooked to the Apex it said the outlet was off when it was really on. I cycled it ON to OFF remotely and it never turned the pump off. My wife had to unplug the dosing pump.

Of course this all happened while I was traveling for work!

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I do! Unfortunately when I had the dosing pumps hooked to the Apex it said the outlet was off when it was really on. I cycled it ON to OFF remotely and it never turned the pump off. My wife had to unplug the dosing pump.

Of course this all happened while I was traveling for work!

So let me get this straight - the dosing pump controller stuck on AND the Apex unit stuck on?

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. At first I was running 3 separate BRS dosing pumps via the Apex. My ALK dosing pump stuck in the ON position. I commanded it off remotely and it said it was off but the pump was still turning. It had to be unplugged and the EB8 had to be reset. I think the issue is that they draw too little of power for the EB8 to sense, so it never really knows if it's on or off. I've read that hooking a light bulb or some other form of resistance will help it to decipher when it's on or off.

I now run a separate, standalone dosing station that is hooked to the Apex. If my pH gets too high it will cut power to the dosing station. Which is good and bad because with no power the CAL and MAG won't dose then but at least, hopefully, the ALK won't spike too bad.

BODI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you considering using the new Jebao DC-4 dosing pump I thought should share this post copied from another R2R thread... (not sure if its legit, but it was enough to make me reconsider better options!)

... Hmm strangely I can not copy and paste the link for some reason?

Put this into the search box: "Jebao auto dosing pump dp-4" and then see post #22

On a side note, I have a brand new unopened DP-4 available for purchase! :crossedlips:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back