duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got some new pics to share... Started dabbling in SPS again...LOL

Enjoy!!!

The Tierra Del Fuego on the left was brown when I got it. Making a comeback finally

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking sweeeeet! SPS look great too! What brand GAC/Carbon are you using and how much how often are you replacing? Also whats your water change schedule like?

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking sweeeeet! SPS look great too! What brand GAC/Carbon are you using and how much how often are you replacing? Also whats your water change schedule like?

Thanks!!! I am running chemi pure blue. I change it every two months... Lol.... I am also running a pretty well thriving refugium as well. I was doing 10 gallon or 20% water changes every week but the tank wasn't doing well with that so I backed down to 5 gallons every week and put a smaller skimmer in. I was running a BM curve 7 that is rated for 240 gallons and it was a little too overkill for a 50, I was never able to get a good head of foam in it. I switched it out for a bm curve 5 with an upgraded sicce pump. I just try to keep stable parameters and water temperature. Temperature is over looked a lot when considering stability. I also increased the amount of fish that I have in the tank. It helps feed the corals

Last edited:
OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Raft Purple Prism Colony

Big Momma Tie Dye...LOL and Candy Crush... Disconnected.. In the mushroom hospital box

kevantheman35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Duke how does that ehiem 1260 work out with the manifold? Thinking if using one for my 60 cube but was worried I wouldn't get enough flow to the tank while running 2 reactors

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Duke how does that ehiem 1260 work out with the manifold? Thinking if using one for my 60 cube but was worried I wouldn't get enough flow to the tank while running 2 reactors

It works great... I am running a chiller and the TLF reactor on it and I am getting plenty of turn over in the tank. I actually was getting too much turn over and had to turn it down. You will have plenty of power running the 1262

jason142

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin, tank looks awesome. Sorry I didn't get a chance to get you those spiderman zoa's. Now I really wish that I would have made the time because lost the whole colony when that nano crashed. How about a FTS shot?

kevantheman35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works great... I am running a chiller and the TLF reactor on it and I am getting plenty of turn over in the tank. I actually was getting too much turn over and had to turn it down. You will have plenty of power running the 1262

Thanks for the reply. So are you running the 1260 or 62?

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin, tank looks awesome. Sorry I didn't get a chance to get you those spiderman zoa's. Now I really wish that I would have made the time because lost the whole colony when that nano crashed. How about a FTS shot?

Whats going on Chief, long time no see!! I have some Spidermans for ya if you want them. I need take a FTS, I havent done it yet but I will. I want to grow some stuff out a little more first.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back