OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe it or not, yesterday morning I got up and they looked better. Both were sitting on the bottom of the tank showing some interest in the shrimp. Today, they are seriously hunting, and wether they intend it or not, seem to be hunting the shrimp as a team. I am thrilled beyond words!

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic from this morning

Attachments

• 1130141011a.jpg
    1130141011a.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 170

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on the fish?

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know the post number, or how to find it, lol....this is the dwarf lion that was floating belly up thanksgiving day. Both are absolutely fine now! :bigsmile:

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know the post number, or how to find it, lol....this is the dwarf lion that was floating belly up thanksgiving day. Both are absolutely fine now! :bigsmile:

Look on the blueish line above my post and follow it to the right. My post is #49 . That's just for future reference, as you answered my question. I'm thinking they had a tousel, where the upside down one has recovered. We have found that no matter who "wins", both are stressed and the "poker" often hides. A trigger that got poked went down immediately and it was witnessed. Thought it was a goner, but it recovered. It was never really a healthy fish ever again and died sometime later. One of my scorps that got poked, turned over as well, much like yours. He never recovered, as it involved the gill. An anthias developed a white mark on their body, like I see in your picture. It would also explain why he still has a nice color.

The upside down one, that's a Dendrochirus zebra. I'm curious what the other one is. Can you grab a quick picture of that one for my curiosity?

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! If the other comes out of the brickwork, I'll snap a pic. I'll see if I can find a,decent one on my phone as well. The color is improving daily and getting more striking. I so love these fish! I've kept reef fish on and off for about 17 yrs, but always common, easy keepers. (Clowns, grammas, dwarf angels etc) Nothing compares to the lions. One day, when I finish the Bullitt in space for it, I am going to have a larger tank again....and I'm thinking a larger lion fish.

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Fuzzy Dwarf when first shipped in.

Attachments

• 1119141805b.jpg
    1119141805b.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 136

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See those pretty big red eyes, it means they are very much a crepuscular fish. Being hidden in the day in more of a natural behaviour than being out and about. They do adjust to aquarium life and will feed in the day with the rest. Ours tended to be in a cave, unless we came into the room.

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one stays in a cave....but I found him peeking out just now when I walked up to the tank. All I can see is his pretty red eye.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 187 71.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back