OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the fins are intact. There is a slight discoloration on the side of his body, But that may be from drifting around the tank. I don't know. I can find out where he got them from, and I can tell you he also shipps fish. He is phenomenal. He's been a friend for 14 yrs, my help for that long. He finally text asking about aerosols, was there oily film on the surface of the water etc. All no. My little guy is gonna die. :'(

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you look on the side of his body behind the fin, hopefully youll be able to see it.

Attachments

• 1127141153.jpg
    1127141153.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 170
OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is currently drifting around the tank, but he is alive. The fuzzy is under the edge of a piece of live rock. Maybe he is ok...hard to tell for sure.

Phishy McGee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen a fish come back from not being able to right themselves. They have something internal that ensures they are always upright, when that fails they are usually less then a day from dying. It could be something in your tank or they could have come sick.

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one in front is supposed to be a hawaiian turkey dwarf, a kind of zebra. i can get the scientific name from my lfs tomorrow. the one in back is a fuzzy dwarf.

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fuzzy was on his nose, but when the powerhead blew them around, he managed to get under a ledge and be upright. They were both fine last night.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Front definitely looks like a zebra. Going to have to just wait and watch, lionfish lair lady is good she will point you in the right direction. Have you seen any fighting between them OR any other fish? Did you QT or straight into tank? How did you acclimate?

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were in quaratine about 2 weeks at the lfs and doing great. they were bagged and brought home in a cooler due to the cold yesterday. the bags were floated for a while in the tank, then water slowly mixed in before adding them to the tank. I saw no fighting at all. The fuzzy hid immediately and wasnt seen again till this morning. The zebra stayed out looking around, never hid for a minute. Woke up this morning to both half dead.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know but could you be light shocking them? If your lights are a lot brighter than the stores lights were it could have stressed them out. Not sure if this happens to lion fish or not.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If lights, I would think they would hide if there are places. Zebras are tricky in themselves, one of the tougher to get acclimated and thriving. Hawaiian, I am not sure about but I believe they are close to fuzzies in acclimation.

How are the other fish? You said one was "missing" but how are they acting? Any signs of stress there?

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights are alot brighter than at the store. i turned off the everything but the blue light. I have LED lights. They arent on much at the store. It almost looks like a swim bladder issue. A while back a customer at the store brought in a lion that was given to him in a 3 gallon bucket. It couldnt do any more than float around the tank, just like my zebra is doing. Any ideas?

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is hiding fish wise. I see one fairy wrasse in a crevice of rock. He doesnt appear to have any trouble breathing. We did epoxy a few pieces of live rock in place yesterday. Could the epoxy be a problem?

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you used the epoxy before? Is it reef safe?

Really there isn't much more to do then wait. Sucks.

OP
OP
L

lacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....they are alive. One is floating in the top of the tank upside down, the other is laying in the back of the tank on the substrate on his side. Both seem to be breathing normally.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 176 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back