Ecotech Marine Versa Dosing Pump will start at $150

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like a nice piece of equipment, and it seems much more reasonably priced than Ecotech’s other products. I will definitely look into this if I ever need a dosing pump.

Big Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one of these. I can’t seem to get the pump to prime. Am I missing something? Maybe basic instructions besides how to screw it to the wall would be nice.

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one of these. I can’t seem to get the pump to prime. Am I missing something? Maybe basic instructions besides how to screw it to the wall would be nice.

you know I just mentioned to a worker at arc that I’d imagine the guest fitting would have issues. Immediately from their videos when I saw the tubing I wondered that. I figured etm would have it under control though..

ariceneo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my Versa , super nice but how did they let. It pass RnD with so short of Power supply cord

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order to consolidate all of my equipment and dosing lines a bit I bit the bullet and purchased the versa+base station despite the report from other hobbyists both here and on R2R regarding the leaking.

versa.jpg

Sure enough, all of the lines/connectors leak at one degree or another (see video). Knowing their level of support for their customers and willingness to help, they over-nighted the replacement parts and now it's no longer leaking. From the get-go, the dosing system communicates with the mobius app via bluetooth and there's rumor that they will slowly roll out the wifi capability in the near future. I find setting it up easy but find the documentation a bit lacking for those who are a bit more technologically oriented. For example, i did not see documentation regarding what each of the LEDs on top of dosers do and what they correspond to. I would encourage them to publish that info somewhere so that those who are more inclined to find out can do so accordingly. Also, I ran into issues with firmware update and something about "docking incomplete" error message when every doser is seated properly. But these issues got resolved after some tinkering and reboot.

I'm very sensitive to noise and some of you who have seen my setup commented how quiet my setup is. I know the level of noisiness is subjective and various from person to person but my personal goal is to be able to sleep/nap on the couch next the tank. Well, before Versa, I had the Kamoer FX-STP and it was QUIET. it was quiet out of the box and i did not have to lubricate it any further and it performed exceptionally during the time that i owned it. Versa, on the other hand, is noisier than Kamoer. some of you with Masterplex will see a big difference/improvement if you were to run Versa but for me it's a downgrade. I can still hear the planetar gear humming with my stand cabinet doors closed when i have the first doser set to constant 40ml per min. If i tune it down to 20-30ml/min, i do not hear much. So moving forward I will probably setup a quick connect manifold between doser #1 and doser #2 to achieve that rate.But again, apples to apples: Kamoer at 40ml vs Versa at 40ml, Kamoer wins hands down.

I did also have DOS and Versa is quieter than DOS and i find the setting of the dosage on mobius is slightly easier than if you were to do so on the APEX.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wish that versa works with Neptune trident....sigh I like versa better than DOS

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, the trident will be obsolete before it ever gets off the ground. I suspect that ETM is going to throw their hat in the ring and blow peoples minds.

No idea what this is supposed to mean- "Gets off the ground"? Probably a couple thousand units out there working perfectly for people- and so popular that it STILL constantly out of stock.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem they have is a bottleneck in production, people want them but can't have them due to so few being made. That only increases the hype, but it's weighted. I suspect we will see a lot of problems down the road when it's time for maintenance, the insides are extremely fragile and most people will take it upon themselves to replace wearable items only to brake other things in the process...

If you look inside these units they require a delicate hand. In a nutshell that's what I mean about get off the ground.

Mark my words, the theme will be, "they're throw away units".

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem they have is a bottleneck in production, people want them but can't have them due to so few being made. That only increases the hype, but it's weighted. I suspect we will see a lot of problems down the road when it's time for maintenance, the insides are extremely fragile and most people will take it upon themselves to replace wearable items only to brake other things in the process...

If you look inside these units they require a delicate hand. In a nutshell that's what I mean about get off the ground.

Mark my words, the theme will be, "they're throw away units".

Erm, I read you can either have Neptune do the service or do it yourself with a kit. Given Neptune assembled them in-house, I am pretty confident they would be able to replace a few worn parts (tubing, a vial, etc). Have you looked inside one? It is actually not (physically) complicated at all- has a single peristaltic pump and then solenoids. The beauty is the simplicity

You seem very doom-and-gloom when it comes to neptune, and always so optimistic with ecotech!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to look at things from a engineering perspective, it's night and day the similarities between the 2. It's hard to compare one with the other.

I definitely won't lie, neptune has left a sour taste in my mouth since coming back to the hobby, but that doesn't change my perspective that they toss a silver and orange case around something and right software to make it work with their equipment.

Ecotech on the other hand, builds it all from the ground up... they don't hop on Ali-Express and get parts to throw together, slap a case around it and call it good... just my perspective.

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, the trident will be obsolete before it ever gets off the ground. I suspect that ETM is going to throw their hat in the ring and blow peoples minds.
Im still holding my breath for them to in some capacity buy mindstreams IP and integrate that product in to ETM line up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back