Ecoxotic panorama led

maazreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO buy a decent light spend the money up front and avoid the headaches. Even if you upgrade you are able to use your lights in any other tank (kessils) or even make your own light with sodderless rapid leds. I regret buying cheap lights because you will never sell them for even 40% of what you paid for them. My cheap lights are over my quarantine.

Jenaleigh1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the panorama pro module on my five gallon nano. WAY too much light for that tank. I could probably grow a little five gallon forest of sps in there. I will say that the light is very white overall. Even the "blue" is more white than blue, so keep that in mind if you like a more blue balance. I have heard the new panorama module that comes with the timer is a little weaker than the other ecoxotic lights, so I went with the Orbit Marine for my IM 30L. I don't really have any desire to do much more than softies and lps, so it will be perfect for me. I have seen people supplement with kessils (sp). You would be safe buying two of the lights and would still have the functionality and light output you need without spending 600 bucks. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

ridburton061

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive actually found another route since i posted this, Looking to get one of the cheap chinese led boxes.

Jenaleigh1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know... I bought two little 16 dollar clip lights on amazon for my little ten gallon, and those things could grow some coral. Just sayin. Get what works for you, and if it saves some money, by all means do it! :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back