Ever just have a bad reefing day?

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own two shop vacs one for me and one for the wife.
My worst lead to perhaps the best.
I was moving a tank in the fishroom and about a gallon from full the 100 live rock tank tipped towards me...try catching that NOT. Soaked and angry I stood in the dark as the wave of water tripped the gfi. I took a step tripped and fell into a 55 pulling that down as well.
After some tears and swears I told the wife I was done I want everything fishy out of the house. I sent an email blast to the local club. Come get it...it's free.
People I had only chatted with once or twice online some I had never met and some good friends too dropped what they were doing on a Saturday some driving over an hour to come out. Not for the free everything but to help me clean and put back together. And because I really did try to catch that stock tank my back was trashed. They happily did most the work.
Forget about "I love this hobby" of course I do but I really love the hobbyist more.

reggaedrummin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own two shop vacs one for me and one for the wife.
My worst lead to perhaps the best.
I was moving a tank in the fishroom and about a gallon from full the 100 live rock tank tipped towards me...try catching that NOT. Soaked and angry I stood in the dark as the wave of water tripped the gfi. I took a step tripped and fell into a 55 pulling that down as well.
After some tears and swears I told the wife I was done I want everything fishy out of the house. I sent an email blast to the local club. Come get it...it's free.
People I had only chatted with once or twice online some I had never met and some good friends too dropped what they were doing on a Saturday some driving over an hour to come out. Not for the free everything but to help me clean and put back together. And because I really did try to catch that stock tank my back was trashed. They happily did most the work.
Forget about "I love this hobby" of course I do but I really love the hobbyist more.
That's a bad day but I am glad you stayed in and made some friends in the process

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back