OP
Salty_Dreamer

Salty_Dreamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but one more question: when one pumps slows down do the other one speed up at the same time or when one comes to a complete stop the other one starts up.
I'm not really sure to be honest. When they're set up as master and slave somehow they work together but I can't really tell you how. You set whichever setting you like and then the speed you like and they do their thing. The only advice I could offer is to try them and play with the setting options until you find what you like. They aren't as expensive as other brands so I felt it was worth a shot..

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So are you still running this gyre? How do you find it overall and is it easy to clean?
I have been running the mcp-90 for almost a year now. Call me lazy but I run a toothbrush over the flow grates and let it brush the impeller clean. No issues so far and only takes a second.

OP
OP
Salty_Dreamer

Salty_Dreamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running the mcp-90 for almost a year now. Call me lazy but I run a toothbrush over the flow grates and let it brush the impeller clean. No issues so far and only takes a second.
I may try this when I get them back in tank. Work smarter not harder, right?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back