Experts help on dosing the tank

amdp9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded my hobby to bigger and complete setup. Only thing I haven’t setup is dosing the tank. What is better dosing to maintain better levels and growth.
A) Individually dose each nutrient like Calcium/KH/Magnesium?
B) Get all in one like ALL FOR REEF stuff which have everything ?

My tank is 105g and sump is 45g which option will be better and also how much quantity to dose daily ?

IMG_9424.jpeg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a 2 part, b-ionic (1 year), equal doses of each. Switched to triton (5 years), 4 components equal doses of each. Now use all for reef. Still have to massage alk or calcium every month or so.
YOur choice. Until you get some consumption with corals, you may be able to keep,up with water changes.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would answer your question but the "expert" qualification pretty much disqualifies me. I have used AFR since it came out as well as Kalk as a base instead of 2 or 3 part. Then dose a few other micro-nutrients based off of testing. You can then easily adjust as things grow and consumption of some things increases. Have found it easy to maintain stability which I believe to be the key to long term success.

OP
OP
A

amdp9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very much confused about dosing the tank, Alkalinity dropped from 9 DKH to 5DKH and calcium dropped from 450 to 250. I am trying to find a balance on BRS soda ash part 1 and part 2 calcium. I am dosing 12oz Kh and 12 OZ calcium daily. Only major change I did from last week to this week was I added fine crushed coral to the tank since I had no sand or substrate in my tank. How do I fix this ?
Should I switch to All for reef instead due to trace elements?
If so How much should I dose daily to get back to my levels?
Rest of the levels are fine
Alkalinity I checked with Red Sea
Calcium I tested with Salifert
In the tank I only have 4 fish maroon clown/purple tang/Royal gamma and clown goby. And 70 heads of hammer corals/ mushrooms and GSP
Please guide me I shall appreciate it

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back