Extremely high vanadium

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my ICP results a vanadium came up at 44( should be 2-3). Anyone have any idea where that might be coming from? I’m using Red Sea blue bucket

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vanadium is a low toxicity element, and i would not worry at all if it is below 25 µg/l, likely there is also no issues in the ~100 µg/l range, but id recommend to keep a "safety distance" to potentially problematic concentrations.

Typical sources in my experience are reef ceramics. Vanadium and even arsenic are the (unexpected) elements we often see released by ceramics.

If you want to lower the concentration GFO type media usually work. However they have significant influence on other trace elements (and of course also phosphate).

br,
Christoph

OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any bricks in your system?
I have a small amount of media balls left I believe. I took most out because my last ICP had high aluminum. It also had vanadium within normal limits.
I know some people think frag plugs can be the cause of this elevated reading but I have maybe 10 total in here?

OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back