Eye Candy: The most photogenic fish thread

av8soulfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You people got some amazing photo skills, and some amazing fish. It took a small miracle and a lot of patience just to get this mostly in focus shot of one of my 'flies'. Nice work people.

leorii2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8B935584-EB8E-42A5-A28E-061387FF9625.jpeg
8B935584-EB8E-42A5-A28E-061387FF9625.jpeg
BF378B07-1193-4C03-885B-2A71CAEE4423.jpeg
58DD83EA-7EA0-491A-9651-8FB945212A85.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Male Flame Angel color change with courtship. Same fish just days apart. After courtship, the light is out but the next day color is back to normal. This fish have been in captivity about 2 years. I got him when he was just over 1 inch. Now about 2 inches.
Yellow/gold color is intense, The fins seem like they are on fire. Very appropriately named Flame Angel.
Normal color
FlameAngel2019062401.jpg

Courtship color
FlameAngel2019062806.jpg

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Male Flame Angel color change with courtship. Same fish just days apart. After courtship, the light is out but the next day color is back to normal. This fish have been in captivity about 2 years. I got him when he was just over 1 inch. Now about 2 inches.
Yellow/gold color is intense, The fins seem like they are on fire. Very appropriately named Flame Angel.
Normal color
FlameAngel2019062401.jpg

Courtship color
FlameAngel2019062806.jpg

Thanks for sharing, never seen this before.

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow amazing! I’m curious what all do you have in your tank and how large?! I love the triggers and puffers. Can you do a full tank shot?! Please! Looks really cool! I have a 300gal 8’ fish only. But not that pretty! Thank you

Mine is a 265 but I have a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock sump and 60 gallon tank plumbed in.. Lots of water and circulation... Bio pellet reactor... Lot of marine pure blocks and spheres.. Chemi pures as well.... Big uv and skimmer.. Display tank all artificial corals by signature corals...
76c7f82e2ba40c05c170df246a56be32.jpg

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow amazing! I’m curious what all do you have in your tank and how large?! I love the triggers and puffers. Can you do a full tank shot?! Please! Looks really cool! I have a 300gal 8’ fish only. But not that pretty! Thank you

I have a lot of fish.. Angels triggers tangs just three puffers and wrasses.... Blueface goldflake chrysus majestic poma are my angels.. Crosshatch bluethroat and sargussum with fuscus clown durgeon huma and golden heart are my triggers...all relatively small except crosshatch.. Then the puffers.. Tangs I have gem dory and achillies... Wrasses mainly a tusk and quoyi Parrotfish..... Then this stripey fish.... I'm crazy but my parameters are really good and I do weekly water changes of 100 gallons.....

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a 265 but I have a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock sump and 60 gallon tank plumbed in.. Lots of water and circulation... Bio pellet reactor... Lot of marine pure blocks and spheres.. Chemi pures as well.... Big uv and skimmer.. Display tank all artificial corals by signature corals...
76c7f82e2ba40c05c170df246a56be32.jpg
Very pretty tank! How many fish and what are fish in your tank? I love the triggers and puffers. We have two puffers and two trips and four angels. Looks like you have several of each. Thanks for sharing

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of fish.. Angels triggers tangs just three puffers and wrasses.... Blueface goldflake chrysus majestic poma are my angels.. Crosshatch bluethroat and sargussum with fuscus clown durgeon huma and golden heart are my triggers...all relatively small except crosshatch.. Then the puffers.. Tangs I have gem dory and achillies... Wrasses mainly a tusk and quoyi Parrotfish..... Then this stripey fish.... I'm crazy but my parameters are really good and I do weekly water changes of 100 gallons.....
Wow! Cool they all get along! We lost our red tail trigger so down to the Niger and Picasso. We also have a Sohal who is amazingly nice and a crazy crazy Caribbean blue tang. Only one wrasse for us. Our porcupine is about a foot long. The larger fish are over 12 yrs old! You have a great selection! What do you feed?

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Cool they all get along! We lost our red tail trigger so down to the Niger and Picasso. We also have a Sohal who is amazingly nice and a crazy crazy Caribbean blue tang. Only one wrasse for us. Our porcupine is about a foot long. The larger fish are over 12 yrs old! You have a great selection! What do you feed?
Do you have a build tread?

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I feed everything.. Nori and pellets and different frozen foods... Everybody does get along.... Unbelievable you have a 12 year old fish!!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back