Favorite coral vendor?

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please share your favorite coral vendor and what pests, if any, you have found. I am hoping to find a good softie vendor that has a good selection!

Macsreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please share your favorite coral vendor and what pests, if any, you have found. I am hoping to find a good softie vendor that has a good selection!
Ive used Aqua-sd out they were amazing and very fast responses, orders from top shelf aquatics as well and corals anonymous. They were all honestly great all fast responses. Ive ordered from aqua sd more than others though do to there ebay auctions, I end up getting some really good deals every now and then. I always dip in coral rx and 99% of the time never any pest or anything. Once I had a sand sifting star make it through somehow and found him in the tank a while later with no idea how he got in. Im assuming from the corals.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OP
OP
BContos

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a good experience with @TopShelfAquatics. No pests in the 3 frags I received.
Ive used Aqua-sd out they were amazing and very fast responses, orders from top shelf aquatics as well and corals anonymous. They were all honestly great all fast responses. Ive ordered from aqua sd more than others though do to there ebay auctions, I end up getting some really good deals every now and then. I always dip in coral rx and 99% of the time never any pest or anything. Once I had a sand sifting star make it through somehow and found him in the tank a while later with no idea how he got in. Im assuming from the corals.
@Battlecorals @TopShelfAquatics @SBB Corals @lynn.reef.nerd @Pieces of the Ocean

i've ordered from @AquaSD and @uniquecorals before but didn't have much luck with their stock. i haven't had any issues with the firstly mentioned vendors, though. top notch people.

Any aiptasia on any of them? I plan to remove frag plugs and quarantine but still trying to use an abundance of caution!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Any aiptasia on any of them? I plan to remove frag plugs and quarantine but still trying to use an abundance of caution!
i did get aiptasia from aquasd, but it grew from the plug. in the picture it didn't have anything (visible). quickly fixed by smothering it with glue.

@WWC and @Tidal Gardens are also great vendors but i haven't purchased directly from them.

Last edited:

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to start with soft corals and they don't have a good selection! Will 10/10 go with them when I do SPS later down the road though!
POTO holds auctions every week starting every Wednesday I believe . I’ve had some major scores and got great corals so cheap I couldn’t believe it! Fortunately for me I live 15 minutes away and do not have to factor in shipping costs to my total cost so I have a bit of an edge over non locals.

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to start with soft corals and they don't have a good selection! Will 10/10 go with them when I do SPS later down the road though!
I feel like that’s the market, though. I order corals from a few different suppliers, and the days of having multiple kinds and multiple sizes of each soft coral are few and far between.

It’s tough for my kind of business. If I set up a 350g or 500g aquarium, my clients don’t want me to show up with a bunch of 2” frags that they’ll barely see for the first year. But it’s a frag market now.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Austin Aqua Farms and Black Label Aquatics. Both local here in Austin.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back