Fiji ARF 20 1.5

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi huys and thanks in advance, i have had a fiji arf 20 1.5 for over 3 months now no issue however, i just bought new fleeces replaments directly from fiji bought my last from BRS but the new ones are restricting my water flow tremendously a whole role in less then a day, double check everything including the float sensor everything is working just like it should. The fiji web site says that the fleeves are 75u and the BRS site says 20 microns what's going on here has anyone gone thru this with this roller if so please help.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi huys and thanks in advance, i have had a fiji arf 20 1.5 for over 3 months now no issue however, i just bought new fleeces replaments directly from fiji bought my last from BRS but the new ones are restricting my water flow tremendously a whole role in less then a day, double check everything including the float sensor everything is working just like it should. The fiji web site says that the fleeves are 75u and the BRS site says 20 microns what's going on here has anyone gone thru this with this roller if so please help.
Hi could you post a pic of your Fiji cube roller filter gen1.5 thanks

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 20240105_134555.jpg
    20240105_134555.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 44

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can possibly try 80 micron custom cut by Precision Converting (they also are on ebay):

I'm still in the middle of setting up my tank but I do have an ARF-20 1.5. Lots of folks on here use Precision Converting for their filter roller supply and I was going to go this route.

Edit:
By default they sell 2" inside diameter (ID) but they also sell 1" and 3" ID adapters

Last edited:

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, looks like I got a defective motor assembly on mine…
I got the Fiji cube roller mat because the dimensions fit the innovative marine sump.

Attachments

• IMG_7440.jpeg
    IMG_7440.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7441.jpeg
    IMG_7441.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 36

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, looks like I got a defective motor assembly on mine…
I got the Fiji cube roller mat because the dimensions fit the innovative marine sump.
Based on the not aligned motor side and the lower body, it looks like they gave you two of the same side lower piece.

Edit:
Actually it looks like they screwed up on the connecting piece. Its supposed to be flush with the motor side.

From their product page:
1711999112053.png

Last edited:

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s weird. The whole width of the lower portion of the motor side is about 1/2 inch less than the width of the flange of the filter body. Also the holes are misaligned too.
I emailed Fiji cube and got a reply on Saturday that they will look into getting me the right part. Hope the follow thru.
By the way I saw some comments about buying 6 inch filter rolls from AliExpress with customizable fleece grades ie 20 micron to 150 micron.

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s weird. The whole width of the lower portion of the motor side is about 1/2 inch less than the width of the flange of the filter body. Also the holes are misaligned too.
I emailed Fiji cube and got a reply on Saturday that they will look into getting me the right part. Hope the follow thru.
By the way I saw some comments about buying 6 inch filter rolls from AliExpress with customizable fleece grades ie 20 micron to 150 micron.

Nice please let us know where that post is ... 100-150 micron would help rolls last longer and same time not strip out all nutrients.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice please let us know where that post is ... 100-150 micron would help rolls last longer and same time not strip out all nutrients.
I saw it in this thread

and also at https://preconfilter.com/products

2Plus2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im interested in purchasing this for my Fiji-20 sump, is the gen 1.5 the newly updated one with the new motor n sensor? everyone has been having issues with this unit but im not sure if it's gen1 or gen1.5... Where did you purchase yours from? BRS doesnt show gen 1.5 only their direct website shows gen 1.5 @Fiji Cube

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im interested in purchasing this for my Fiji-20 sump, is the gen 1.5 the newly updated one with the new motor n sensor? everyone has been having issues with this unit but im not sure if it's gen1 or gen1.5... Where did you purchase yours from? BRS doesnt show gen 1.5 only their direct website shows gen 1.5 @Fiji Cube
I purchased mine from fiji online website directly, and mine is working just fine for now. Having a fiji sump it's almost necessary to have one of this, plus u can add any other roller on the there sumps. I'm 80 percent sure on that, haven't another roller but there is very little room for another good one.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the not aligned motor side and the lower body, it looks like they gave you two of the same side lower piece.

Edit:
Actually it looks like they screwed up on the connecting piece. Its supposed to be flush with the motor side.

From their product page:
1711999112053.png
Just wanted to update the situation managed to resolve the issue via BRS. BRS sent me another gen1.5 filter and this time round everything fits. I managed to dry fit things in the Innovative marine RFS39 sump, the width is perfect to fit into the filter. Just need to do a small modification to the height of the roller unit to get it to sit high enough in the sump. I will make a new thread once confirmed that everything works properly.

2Plus2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased mine from fiji online website directly, and mine is working just fine for now. Having a fiji sump it's almost necessary to have one of this, plus u can add any other roller on the there sumps. I'm 80 percent sure on that, haven't another roller but there is very little room for another good one.
i’ll take a chance, i want to make sure the gen 1.5 is the newly updated parts.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ll take a chance, i want to make sure the gen 1.5 is the newly updated parts.
Hi I emailed BRS before buying and confirmed they sell the latest gen1.5 version. That's what I got from BRS and it even says so on the package label. Hope that helps.
BRS is quick to resolve the issue I had. Somehow mine arrived with a misaligned roller plate/motor. BRS sent a new one and I sent the defective one back. BTW there is no silencer plate that comes with the roller filter. It's an incorrect description on the BRS webpage. The silencer is simple enough to DIY, it's very similar in concept to the one used in the klir filters

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question I have for everyone who has used this filter. How do I detach the roller motor in the blue plastic cube housing? Looks like the blue acrylic housing is glued on to the rest of the roller plate?

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question I have for everyone who has used this filter. How do I detach the roller motor in the blue plastic cube housing? Looks like the blue acrylic housing is glued on to the rest of the roller plate?
You can not detached the motor from the acrylic peace it'all one peace, I also don't have the silencer and it's pretty quite.

2Plus2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I emailed BRS before buying and confirmed they sell the latest gen1.5 version. That's what I got from BRS and it even says so on the package label. Hope that helps.
BRS is quick to resolve the issue I had. Somehow mine arrived with a misaligned roller plate/motor. BRS sent a new one and I sent the defective one back. BTW there is no silencer plate that comes with the roller filter. It's an incorrect description on the BRS webpage. The silencer is simple enough to DIY, it's very similar in concept to the one used in the klir filters
Appreciate you brother, I just got the email from FiJi Cube themselves:
1716434363791.png

But ill be ordering from BRS, I feel they're a bit more trusted. Ive purchased soo much from them, so rolling with them.

williamjacobs641

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little late. Make sure you read the description on the rolls. Different online stores sell the rolls from the same manufacturer but they come in different mircon filter size. Brs is 20 micron but aquave cave says 75 .

Clownfish Kit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the market for the ARF-20. I need suggestions on where to order from - BRS or Fiji.
My concern is if BRS is selling the updated 1.5 version.
Does anyone have experience with the after-sale from Fiji?
Thank you in advance for any input.

Back